Summer heat

Archives1

Staff member
I don’t know what it’s like for everybody else, but it’s super hot where I live. I feel like I’ve been sweating all the time. What’s the best products or ways to deal with wearing pull-ups/diapers and sweating

I can get away with a light pull-up like a goodnites xl for hot summer days under my shorts.
Super hot day is the perfect day. Take off your brief, put on some shorts and go kayaking.
Going to get a little wet anyway. ha ha.😄

46be388225f6218bd7b39bc9f8b2f3a2.jpg

@JoeAK Boy, we used to enjoy that! Or racking up miles on our motorcycle!! Unfortunately, old age (I'm 80) seems to take away things (and people) we enjoy, and leave you with more pain: arthritis, sciatica; hearing loss, dimming eyesight, etc., etc., etc..

But to get back on topic, in our new surroundings here, we're already having multiple days of 100+. It seems these "adult diapers" are sweat-boxes (perhaps due to the synthetic materials?)! I'm dreading when the real hot temps arrive in July, August, early September!!

Best thing you can do is stay hydrated, and take showers a couple times a day. Cold showers on days like this can work wonders. If you aren’t too bad first thing in the morning maybe hold off the shower till afternoon when it’s hottest so you can cool off.

Try using a cloth diaper and plastic pants. The materials in disposable diapers give me a massive diaper rash if I sweat a lot. I only use cloth diapers and plastic pants, except when I travel and/or laundry facilities aren't available.

Thank you all for the advice! It seems that a cold shower at least after every accident is probably the best move to make! On top of being able to get clean, it will cool me down!

I usually take a warm shower first, then a cool shower. Warm shower gets you clean, cool shower gets you cooler.

Peter_A said:
@JoeAK Boy, we used to enjoy that! Or racking up miles on our motorcycle!! Unfortunately, old age (I'm 80) seems to take away things (and people) we enjoy, and leave you with more pain: arthritis, sciatica; hearing loss, dimming eyesight, etc., etc., etc..

But to get back on topic, in our new surroundings here, we're already having multiple days of 100+. It seems these "adult diapers" are sweat-boxes (perhaps due to the synthetic materials?)! I'm dreading when the real hot temps arrive in July, August, early September!!

Hi Peter, All,
I hope your summer didn’t get to uncomfortably hot for you and us wearers of protective briefs.
I forgot to mention that I found the Tena Super in cloth-back to be a great diaper for summertime days as well.
I have it in my profile for reference and recommend trying.
Praying for a great summer and fall season for outdoor activities.
Best,
J

cac92e1e5857cd7021f24a28b73edb36.jpg

Yep, heat is an issue.

Look, I am not saying it is scorching outside here in Pa. but after walking outside to get my mail I am pretty sure that Shrek and Donkey are in my pants arguing about whose swamp it is. LOL.