Sugar is the devil, a reminder

Thank you for your story, Maymay. I am visualizing you in your own beautiful clean and tidy little townhouse, delighting in peace and quiet and organized living, near your daughter and granddaughter but not with them. You have been so generous with your family, and I'm glad that your son and daughter have helped you to tranquil living with your own private bathroom and jewelry and makeup and dolls.

I hope you will be eating regular, healthy meals, and limit your consumption of candy and cookies to help you feel better, and to return to being nocturnal only again.

Hi Maymay,

The child bursting in would be bad enough, but leaving the door wide open - that's a no-no.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, but mine was in Nov, and I don't know why the cake is there.

You have a cake, too. Is it your birthday? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm so used to the child around its really just my post holiday grump.
The cake? No thats a mystery!
Too much sugar on my mind!?!!

Ask the kid "Were you born in a barn?" That was my mother's. The other one was "Close the door! Are you trying to heat the outside?!?" On camping trips it was "Zip that mosquito netting back up!"

It was actually pretty funny because the glass storm door was CLOSED and the Regular door was open.
We kept arguing if the door was closed The GREEN door and she pointed at it bang up against the wall and kept yelling it IS closed!
Like my disoriented dog who runs toward the back of the house barking at someone coming in the front.

We ended the argument with me closing the door saying NOW it is closed and her saying firmly, YOU DONT KNOW THAT!