Squirts

Archives1

Staff member
I am 10 months out of RP surgery. Wear pull-ups. Sleep through most of the night good. Only go through 1 to 2 pull-ups a day depending on activity level. But when I sit on the toilet, it seems like a nonstop rlver! Anyone else like this, or opinions on cause? Thanks!

That seems like a really good time to have that river flowing! Are pull-ups better for you than pads? Just wondering.

I’m 9 months out from RP surgery. I’m good at night, go thru two or three pads daily.
Depends how much water I drink during the day also. Still have significant leakage if lifting or strenuous activity. Same for me sitting on toilet. Taking a long time for this. Read awhile ago 6-8% will have incontinence after RP surgery. That’s bull.
Should instead say everyone will have incontinence for awhile.

For me, yes. Pads are too bulky, and don’t last very long. Maybe when my incontinence is less than it is now.

@Denardis, I think that 6-8% number is for 1 year after surgery. At that point it may be time to talk to your doc about a sling or other options.

Agreed DENARDIS. How do the urologists get their data? After 4+yrs ROBOTIC at 74 still 1-2/day with activity stepping it up. I think continence data post prostatectomy is total guess work. Can’t fathom urologists taking the time to gather such data. They’re too busy removing prostates. And how is continence defined for us? My guy gave me a book about one man’s experience. The victim described continence as arriving in less than 3 months - BULL! Don’t know if urologists are just trying to encourage with false hope? In my 2 yrs on this site, I recall only one achieving total continence. Maybe it’s the self-selection of this forum that finds guys with difficulties, but I truly question the data on full continence.

Stryder, I definitely agree that this is the self-selection of this forum skews the people here to those with longer term problems. Wish there were reliable stats that could give realistic timetables with variables for age, exercise, etc.

I've got a neighbor who said he was continent after three weeks except for squirting when he got up. Well, if you squirt when you get up you're not fully continent. I guess he did eventually get fully continent and I suppose he could have done pretty well in three weeks if he did Kegels and was in shape from racquetball.

"Impact sports like racquetball are great for strengthening all core muscles, including the pelvic floor."

"Want to Play Hard? Try Racquetball
What a Workout!
This sport burns a lot of calories since every muscle group is worked during play."

I'm 5 plus years post prostatectomy combined with the removal of a large diverticula. My urologist said that due to my previous bladder history combined with my age,75, my incontinence will probably not improve and possibly be worse. Well, I'm still in diapers and expect to be so for the rest of my life. It is what it is. Life goes on.