Some advice please!

Archives1

Staff member
Hi everyone
Im new to here. I came accross this site trying to do some research to help someome very close to me that i am a carer for. This 31 yr old woman is riddled with health issues which invove a prolapsed disk in her back and also has high levels of anxiety and depression aswell as bowel issues to which we arent quite sure of the diagnosis. At night, unknown to her she is loosing control of her bladder. It does not waken her at all she is completely unaware until the a.m.
Im deeply concerned abt her bc she has so much already to deal with and this is making all her other problems worse. She takes some meds inc. Lyrica (pregablin) for which she blames on this, vensir (an SSRI) and diazepam for her back problem, but just 2 pills a day its a low dose.
Can anyone here please help me and give me some advice as to of what could be causing this and if anyone has similar problems..what did u do?? I wud be ever so grateful for any advice at all.
Thanks guys :)

Hello.
First. Thank you for doing what you do. Caring for someone with medical issues is so hard. You are doing an amazing thing.
Second. Giant out exactly what she is taking. Then get on goigle and do some research. Medication is VERY subjective to the individual body. Certain chemical reaction can do one thing in one persona DM something completely different in another.
For example. Celebrex had no history of making someone tired. It's just a special antiinflamitory but for me I was exhausted and didn't sleep well. For my mother in law it changed her life. See what I mean?
Talk to your friend/client. Find out what it was she added recently. Could be diet, meds, or a combination. Meds could also be causing a lack of something she needs.
After you figure that out she MUST tell a doctor. They need to know because whatever it is causing it could be causing permanent damage.
Good luck and best wishes.

She should probably start with her primary MD, or a urologist that specializes in bladder control. If it's a side effect of a medication or her condition they can help sort it, but she has to initiate the discussion. Best to let the treatment team know about any new concerns, especially when preexisting disk, mental health or nerve issues are involved.