Social security disability

Archives1

Staff member
I recently was recommended to apply for disability due to my total
Loss of bladder control. Being embarrassed about it I am now faced with the fact that I am 60 years old and I have to go another 6 years wearing diapers to work. If I am successful in my claim I will get 1400$ per month rather than suffering the next 5 years and 6 months in diapers and get my full 1625$ a month! That’s even if they awarded my disability. I am without a job right now due to the laundry I have worked for over 14 years. I now am faced with accepting a job much further away. And my diapers will have to be changed at work rather then At home (8-9 hrs). I hope someone out there can give me some advice on how to win my claim from ask .

@genesbo Obviously every individual is different but I guess you'll have to decide if the $225 less a month for the rest of your life is acceptable. There is a lot of info you left out to offer other solutions such as are you completely incontinent or just urine? Do you work 8 hours a day with a lunch break? I would believe that you will make more working as oppose to disability. I needed to wear protection (disposable underwear)for most of my career and was fortunate to only need the protection of diapers for the the last year. I needed to stay that last year so I could walk out with a good pension, continued insurance, and no limits. Meaning I can still work to make extra money without affecting my monthly pension. So I now work where I make my own hours and how many days I want to work but much easier with diaper wearing. Considerable less pay an hour but still extra income. I'm not sure if I helped or not. What I'm trying to say though is don't let your incontinence ruin your retirement plans. Your no longer controlling your incontinence if it does, it's controlling you.

Al