So over this. Cannot sleep.

Archives1

Staff member
Well, it is another night of no sleep for me. Guts will not stop. I am like the energizer bunny, I just keep going and going. The worst thing is that yesterday I felt like junk because I was bound up. Now it is just like the medications I am on are the only thing working their way out but my guts still hurt a lot. I keep using my DIY essential oil stomach rub but it is not helping right now.

I guess I will be up until this stops.

@LeeC

And then my phone rings. Insurance call. Got about two hours before that. Still feel like garbage and tomorrow I have my second covid shot. The first one I ended up in the ER/ED over so yeah I don't need to be constipated right now.

@ThatFLGuy

I’m getting ready to be released from my rehab stay in the morning. And then the phone rings. I feel you. I have 12.5 hours of aide service a week. One aide has been with me 14 years and we have it down to a science. The other aide is a 30 year friend. Now it appears that in order to get service with at home PT and OT, we have to use their aide under their program. Fewer services, fewer hours. We’re fighting that right now. I’m a social worker by training and the social worker here is great. I sure hope we can work it out. But I did get 9 hours of sleep last night. I’m sending sleepy thoughts to you so you can get some sleep. I hope you vaccination goes better. Hang in there.

FLGuy, So sorry to hear about your issues. I know how awful it is to not be able to sleep. But your problem is compounded by the stomach pain. I was wondering if you have an ulcer? My daughter had an ulcer tear open. She was in terrible pain and had to have emergency surgery. It's taken her several months to get over it and had to drastically modify her food intake. I'm surprised that it would be okay for you to get the COVID shot with this going on. Hopefully everything will work out okay for you.

LeeC It's good you have good help. Re insurance: it's not about caring for the patient, it's more about the money ----always the money.

@LeeC My mom is a social worker :) Bless your profession and every person you’ve helped! Two of my eight mental health professionals over the past 30 years have truly saved my life.

I can’t sleep this evening. Took a bath hoping that would help. Nope. I’m wide awake. My aide will be here at 8 (I now have an aide Thursday and Friday. We will see how that goes) so I need to be up so we can go to the dmv and get her parking pass. Looks like I’m not sleeping tonight. Where’s the coffee?

@justej

I feel you. I am sitting up in bed shivering. Got sweats on a a flease blanket but will not stop sh as shivering. Temperature is only 100.4 which is not even a fiver to my hospital. I have a few hours before I can take more Tylenol so not much I can do.

@ThatFLGuy If you have a reaction to the COVID vaccine, it means it’s really working on you. And it’s definitely better than having a bad case of actual COVID like some of us did. You did the right thing by getting the vaccine, particularly with your other health problems; you don’t want to get COVID again. I know you had COVID before, but your case was really mild. You got lucky. Now you have the immunity in your system from that, plus the vaccine, like me, which means we’re the safest.