Sleep Apnea

Archives1

Staff member
So for any of you that mainly have to wear diapers at night and not a ton during the day. Apparently sleep apnea can lead to incontinence. Or at least that is what my sleep doc said.

So for anyone that wakes up with a wet diaper. Make sure you get checked for sleep apnea! I just got diagnosed. Hoping fixing the problem I’ll wake up dry more often. Ptsd is still a thing so I know that will be around. But here is to maybe more dry mornings!

Thanks @Dkscray255! I am going to check into that! Is your doctor suggesting that treating the sleep apnea should lessen night time incontinence incidents? I am a 27 year old female who has night time incontinence, which started about 18 months ago. No reason has been found by my urologist or neurologist yet, despite lots of different tests. I am waiting to have a sleep deprived sleep test done.
Please keep us posted on your progress!

Hi @Dkscray255;

I would highly recommend anyone to get tested for sleep apnea. It is something that if not found early (or should I say....earlier) - can lead to severe Health problems or can even be fatal.

I have a person in my life; a name I cannot disclose but safe to genuinely call him "Dave" who suffers from sleep issues. I mean the guy is older than me; and has tried every bed imaginable and just cannot get a good night's rest. Turns out he needed a C-pap to "open the gates" to his lungs so he can finally breathe that fresh American air.

Maybe it's time for others to get a sleep study. Maybe even me! I like your username by the way, I know you've been here a while- but it reminds me of "Donkey Kong". I use to frequent the twitch streams back when suffering from severe ptsd; but I can recall my rants in labor relations. I say this as today I attended a church service where two people were crying alot while speaking - and it reminded me of the severe mental side effects on a medicine called "Gabapentin".

Don't ever take it!

But I'm kind of straying off-topic. Back to medical discussion. Yes, I do agree for anyone to get checked.

Thank you for the info @Dkscray255. May you count your many blessings for sharing this insight.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I have sleep apnea and wear either a cloth or disposable diaper each night.
My wife calls them 'protection'. She doesn't like the cloth diapers because they take too long to dry. She likes disposables.
I like the cloth because if I don't wet it at night, I can wear it again. I don't like disposables because I if I don't wet at night, it is not reusable. I note that occasionally I will not change from a dry diaper when I get up.
I can usually tell by my first trip to the bathroom of the morning what kind of day I will be having and what kind of protection to wear.
I have learned to wear protection when I leave the house. I have wet myself stuck in traffic or, worse yet, waiting in the school pickup up line.
I am 73 years old and I got a watchman device!

@Jh2025 For some people, they sleep so good with a CPAP that it makes them become incontinent at night becayse they don’t wake up to pee, but they all say it’s worth it and have no problem wearing protection in exchange for better sleep and better health. Either way, good luck with the test and the result.