Sleep apnea

Archives1

Staff member
I was wondering if anyone else suffers from sleep apnea - some of the literature seems to link it with bedwetting.

I do suffer from sleep apnea but wear a C-PAP at night. It has drastically reduced the number of episodes of sleep apnea I experience and does seem to help.
Good Luck with everything.

I was just diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and will be fitted for a CPAP soon.I'm sure that has something to do with my incontinence.

I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP. I like the CPAP. sleep much better now. Still have the bedwetting.

i have sleep apnea and insomnia too, but i still wet during the night and this be going on for years now. i do wear diapers 24/7.

After getting to experience the at-home version of apnea testing, my doctor invited me in for an overnight test. What fun getting all wired up from head to calves with electrodes only to get plugged in to test equipment and then try to sleep entangled in wires and such. The best part, NOT! was having to call for the attending nurse to unplug me when I had to take a leak. Then stumbling out to the hall to the lavatory with a rat’s nest of wires hanging off me and then trying not to pee on them while standing over the bowl! JEEZ!! Where the hell are WiFi and Bluetooth when you need ‘em?
Anyway, I hardly slept in 7 hours (or so it seemed) and now await the doctor’s analysis. What a process!!!

@GoldenRoadie
I feel your pain. However, I thought it was so bad it was almost funny.
5931b9b2834fd7571a35f29f3977e34d.jpg

stuart said:
@GoldenRoadie
I feel your pain. However, I thought it was so bad it was almost funny.
5931b9b2834fd7571a35f29f3977e34d.jpg
YES! A fellow test subject! Did ya feel like the inspiration for Mary Shelley or what?

@GoldenRoadie
Do you remember the first time you looked in the mirror and saw what you looked like.
I will never forget that moment!
Stuart

Had Sleep Apnea way before incontinence. Waking up in the sleep clinic after having an actual night of sleep was a revelation. Had a couple sleep sutdies since (Medicare demands periodic "proof" you have Apnea, apparently). I was wired, but NEVER like Golden Roadie. Maybe you need a better clinic?
CPAP made/makes a huge difference, but I've never seen a connection with IC. I'm lucky. Mostly i wake before it's too late. Mostly.

I was incontinent before diagnosed with sleep apnea. Once I started using a cpap I slept better and then switched to diapers at night from Depends (I was getting up and changing).