Sleep apnea and insomnia, diapers

Archives1

Staff member
I would like to know on how to deal with insomnia, I have seen a doctor for it. He have me percition for sleeping meds but they make me feel tried the next day. If I get that figured out then I would have no problem dealing with sleep apnea. As for wearing diapers at night I have to wear diapers for the reason that I can't make it to the bathroom. I just can't tell when I have to go.i also have anxiety to.i don't if that play a role in why I can't sleep at night.

Hey MRjw48, i just posted a reply to another person this morning
on PTSD bedwetting and anxiety that would be my response to you here.
There is no doubt anxiety and guilt are a huge underlying issue of incontinence and those of us that are "just bedwetters" are probably envied by those who have day and night incontinence.
But guilt and anxiety are a theme for us all.
I think it has to do with how learning to use a toilet is one of the very first things we are taught as babies. First, how to raise a spoon to your lips next, BOOM, toilet training. Toilet training is the FIRST social behavior with negative consequences for not learning what society expects of us. No wonder the guilt and anxiety of this is so strong.

Are you using a CPAP machine now?

I ask because I have a CPAP for apnea, and I found that it trained my brain to go to sleep pretty soon after I put on the mask. That effect continues, and I've been using the CPAP for four years.

Now, because of incontinence caused by radical prostatectomy, I have the problem of being awakened every two hours when my bladder signals my brain, but the CPAP machine seems to help me get back to sleep very quickly after each trip to the bathroom.

Yes I did have CPAP because of my insurance they had me return it , because I had to use it 4 hours or more. That's why. With my insomnia I get a few hours of sleep. It really throws my incontince right out the window, my body gets mixed signals when to go and not to go. For me it's easier to just wear diapers at night. As for daytime is a different story, that's why I wear diapers during the day.

I just ran across an ad for home purchase of CPAP machine from easybreathe.com
They claim it is quiet and affordable

I can't use CPAP at this time like I said in my previous post. I have to figure out what to do about my insomnia first, then I can deal with sleep apnea. Would wetting at night be apart of insomnia even know that I wear diapers at 24/7??? Does anyone have an idea of what l can do??? As for me having to wear diapers is a no issues for me.pleas help if you can thanks for your understanding.

I wear a CPAP mask for sleep apnea. Before my diagnosis I would experience night time incontinence. Add to that a diagnosis of chronic BPH... Now if I'm not wearing diapers to bed, I keep a urinal handy. I can usually catch it. My big fear with using urinal is tippign it over reaching for the remote or my glasses.

During the day I usually wear reusables or pullups. Especially when travelling.