Sleep apnea 28 years old man

Archives1

Staff member
Hello I’m going through the process of obstructive sleep apnea as an adult and every so often I wake up and iv wet the bed could this be the problem

Yes, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea at an early age also. Go in and have a sleep study done ASAP. Sleep Apnea can be a life threatening issue if not treated. I actually lost a friend that had sleep apnea. It was very server and stopped breathing and never woke up. I kept telling him to go and get checked. So, don't wait. Take care of yourself and get checked out. It will be the best thing for ya once you get the therapy you need. You will sleep a lot better and feel reasted in the morning. Once you start therapy, it's going to be hard at first for a few weeks until you get used to it. After that you will feel a lot better. The bedwetting will get better. What I would do it protect your mattress and possibly wear diapers at night until things get better. At least the cleanup in the morning will be less until things get better.

My wife has sleep apnea and went on to be treated with the O2 unit nightly.
It was certainly a game changer for her, allowing her to sleep better, more comfortably, eliminated her snoring and gives her better energy during the day.

I'll share one thought just for fun or otherwise. With a regular pillow, I'm an expert at waking up with dry mouth, since I will sleep with an open mouth that may or may not affect my breathing. That said, using a second pillow that props my head up a bit eliminates the problem. I've never heard anyone point that out when the subject comes up. It won't hurt you and may actually help, if you try it...just for fun, or otherwise. Unresolved, sleep apnea should not be ignored. Best wishes.

I know multiple people who use sleep apnea equipment, and who don’t wet the bed. Sometimes the equipment can put some people in such a deep sleep, it will make them wet the bed. But not everyone. Wear diapers if you wet the bed. Sleep apnea must be treated or you’ll die. My dad almost died from it.

I also suffer from both obstructive and central sleep apnea. Did the hospital sleep study and I averaged 80 episodes an hour. I would also wake up with a soaked bed. I was even worried I would embarrass myself during the sleep study. Please get tested asap, sleep apnea can be deadly. I as well lost a friend to sleep apnea. Diaper's, under pads, and waterproof mattress cover are a good choice until you can sort it out. Do not let it embarrass you like it did me. I delayed seeking treatment for both. Let your DR know you are having trouble. Both are medical problems. You are not alone.

I can tell you, I feel so much better after using the CPAP. But even after I started using the CPAP I still would occasionally wake up wet. Went from a wet bed often, to only occasionally. Because of BPH, surgery, and a damaged bladder. I started using Condom Catheters 24/7. Now the problem is solved.

Good Luck R

I agree with Snow. If you wet the bed wear diapers. Don't let the stigma make you lose your common sense.

@Ashley1995

Everything everyone is saying is right. Get checked out and use whatever you have to to get good sleep. I have sleep apnea myself but I do not use a CPAP anymore. I had one but didn't work for me. I only have Apnea when laying on my back which I only did when I still had an Ileostomy.

If your doctor says it is not so bad. I would look into the mouth guards that put your tongue at the bottom of your mouth. That is all I have to do not to have Apnea episodes.

Again only do what your doctor tells you to. Everyone is right about how bad Apnea is. I only did what I do under Doctor's orders.