sitting in a full diaper

Archives1

Staff member
So I work in a medium-size office and I'm mostly sitting all-day. The problem with that is when I make a mess in my Northshore diaper diarrhea tends to spill out the side. Or sometimes when I have to sit down after a major spill my weight will also cause side leakage and just be an overall uncomfortable situation knowing what you're sitting in. On top of that, I can't find a way to clean up since wipes are ineffective and spread it around. Any ideas?

if i have diarrhea, i get to a place to change as quickly as possible. I would never sit down in that situation.

i did recently have a horrifying situation when i was attacked by significant diarrhea and then urine which seemed to be coming in buckets full while i was in a very public place. i was nowhere near a place to clean up and walking made things worse. i had no choice but to call 911.

that was a very rare occurance. the only time actually. i have had diarrhea but my pullups can hold that until i walk to my job or a restaurant where i can clean up. i would never sit on that stuff no matter how secure the undergarment is supposed to be. i have found that thin pullups can hold everything (unless you start overflowing which for me at least could have been avoided that time) and i know exactly how i’m going to handle everything including walking into work without being noticed.

i have dry wipes. i’ve gotten a paper flushable variety and also a “cloth” non flushable. they are fairly large. they both work. i prefer the flushable. i also use the paper flushable as a liner in the pullup. if the movement is solid or even a little loose, that captures it and the pullup can continue being used.

diarrhea is a fairly messy job but clean up gets easier with experience. i have to clean up almost daily. it can be done. my pants stay clean. and except for that one incident above i have done fairly well with the worst mostly being pee leaks. as i have said in the past, there is a trade off. i hate being wrapped up in heavy stuff. if i used what most people seem to prefer, i’d be in the men’s room all the time trying to cool off. i’ve accepted that there are some bad moments but even these bad moments - other than the one mentioned above can be cleaned up with the wipes.

if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

I like the Gary pul material pants. They are a pretty decent cover up and save me from a few leak spots and they do let some air in so they are cooler than just vinyl.
Can’t hurt to have a backup plan.

I understand and feel your pain, this is almost a daily occurrence for me. If the bowel movement does not leak out the back it come up the front and often into the wings and out the top or bottom of the wings - sometimes both. I often have to sit or wait and/or travel to change like you describe. I leak continuously from my bladder and find that things get dicey leaking with a full diaper, diapers don't seem to absorb much after a bowel movement has spread in the diaper. I have tried many things, some diapers are better at containment - make sure you have leg gathers but fit is more important. I can make suggestions if needed as can this group on diapers. The Gary pants are great, but still leaked on me albeit only a little. I have gone to a "bloomer" plastic pant which goes from above your knee to mid abdomen or so. I wear a shape wear garment underneath to hold the diaper up and not have plastic against my skin (it also absorbs some of the blowout). The make these in many materials. They can be hot BUT they are LEAK PROOF and most hold in odor well. This is the only 100% confidence setup I have found. I hope this helps? Good luck.

a decent diaper cover aka plastic pants should help contain your leaks

EllisM said:
So I work in a medium-size office and I'm mostly sitting all-day. The problem with that is when I make a mess in my Northshore diaper diarrhea tends to spill out the side. Or sometimes when I have to sit down after a major spill my weight will also cause side leakage and just be an overall uncomfortable situation knowing what you're sitting in. On top of that, I can't find a way to clean up since wipes are ineffective and spread it around. Any ideas?

I also have diarrhea most days. I wear the mega max diaper, they comer up higher in front and back. I agree with totalinco,wear a incontinence pant over your diaper. Over that wear a high backed cover or bloomer. Also use A+D on your bum. I travel a lot and sometimes have to stay in messy diaper till I can change. Never had a problem since I started above routine.