Side sleepers-what works best?

Archives1

Staff member
No matter how I try to just sleep on my back it always seems I wake laying on my stomach or side. Please share your experience with everyone if you have a great way to prevent leaks when sleeping on your stomach or side?
I found by taking a couple of the cloth diapers and folding them in thirds they make a great absorbent pad to tuck in across the front of a brief. (Semi eco friendly) when you hop in the shower in the morning you can wash the cloth inserts and wring them out to dry. Any other good tips you can share that may be helpful to others?

I wear Abena Pull Up diapers for both day and night.They seem to work pretty well. I get extra protection by wearing plastic pants over them.

I use cloth diapers purchased from Fetware.com. These are ideal for side sleepers. Give Mike a call at his business. He will be happy to discuss any questions and give you great answers. Prices are very reasonable. I bought 6 overnight diapers from him 3+ years ago, and they are still in great shape. FYI, these are pull-on type, not pin on. Also need plastic pants to go over these diapers. Hope this helps.

I have to sleep on my side also. I wear a heavy cloth diaper folded and pinned sop there is a lot of overlap on the sides. I also wear a pair of plastic pants with a terry cloth liner over my diaper and I get those from babykins.

Wow! Allot of great advice and products mentioned here. Thanks for the excellent response. I have some new things to try now.
My go to is megamax from Northshore. They work really good but sometimes I have to add some extra padding in the front panel. That normally prevents leaks. I ran out of the megamax and have just been using the supremes I had left. Wet bed three days in a row when I woke up. Just reordered another case of megamax. Can’t keep having a wet bed. 😥 May have to get Boomers caregiver to show me what I’m doing wrong. 😊👍

I don’t always sleep on my side, but frequently
do so. I wear a ConfiDry 24/7 diaper or a Rearz Inspire+. Either product will keep my bed dry 90% of the time. For extra insurance, I also have a cloth-backed waterproof pad on my mattress.

I always start that way but ultimately end up on side or stomach. You are right that would help allot if I could just stay in that position all night.👍

I wear BetterDry briefs 24/7 including sleep. I use a Northshore large booter at night and I move around a lot in my sleep, including side sleeping. I very rarely leak at night.

I'm a stomach sleeper too. When I first started using condom catheters, I made a point of sleeping on my back or side because I assumed sleeping on my stomach would cause problems. The last few nights though I've tried sleeping on my stomach again and so far, no problems.

I guess here with disposables, I use diaper doublers, and caretaker puts them on my hips also in a way, its in a T fashion. Seems to help, sure I still need a waterproof pad under me,, and the mattress is also

No matter what you wear make sure your "junk" is constantly pointing down. I sleep all over the place and unless it moves I have no issues with leaks. I typically use Original Unique Wellness briefs because they're very quiet and the wife is a light sleeper.

I sleep on my side also and the only thing that “mostly” works are thick cloth diapers with plastic pants, fairly snug around legs and tucked in everywhere. Plastic mattress cover is essential though as sometimes leaks will happen anyway.

@CES97 Good tip. I have found that this can make a big difference, not that my 'junk' stays where I put it very long! Cheers Phil

HueyHuckabee said:
Any ideas as to cause of the enuresis ?

adult onset enuresis is almost always caused by some underlying health issue. For me, it was the beginning of OAB. But even OAB is just a catch all for "we don't really know why your bladder spasms all the time".

Sometimes a cause CAN be found...diabetes, bladder cancer, prostate issues etc. I think for a lot of us that end up on these boards, it's idiopathic. So we manage the symptoms and move on.