Sick of pads

Archives1

Staff member
Hi another new person joining the site. I feel better knowing others experience this same sudden overwhelming need to pee. I’m a 70-year-old female but I have experienced over active bladder starting at age 35 after numerous utis. it’s just that sudden urge to Pee and I just can’t stop it and don’t make it to the bathroom so I wear pads every day — change them three or four times a day luckily I only get up one time at night to go to the bathroom but it’s a mad dash. so far I have tried medication , I have tried hypnosis , I have tried acupuncture, I have tried chiropractic, and had a Medtronic interstim implanted—- Like a pacemaker for the bladder and now I’m trying energy healing. None of it works! So so frustrating. Yet I know I’m not alone when I see all the incontinent supplies. I am in good physical shape and can run a 5k, physically active and love to travel. I am so embarrassed to have a suitcase full of pads. I’m thinking of trying meds again but can’t even remember what I took the first go round. I’ll see my urologist later this month. Any of you have any luck w meds and if so what?

I have yet to find meds that work as well as promised and don't have side effects that I find worse then wet pants. I used guards but found by upgrading my protection a little I could have fewer changes and less worry. At the end of the day, it could always be worse.

I went to see a therapist specialized in treating the pelvic area.I suffer from both urine and fecal incontinece after radiation therapy.
After 5 weeks of working with her and doing all exercises i am very happy to report that i am a lot better (90%)with no needs for pads at all at night. I have even gone out without anything at times! The therapist really, really helped me, lots of kegel done in different positions. Nothing like the old kegels i was shown years ago! I am now hoping the progress will also extend to the fecal incontinence, this will require more time but i am working hard! Good luck to you!

I suffered with serious uncontrollable incontinence for years. I finally got a Suprapubic catheter. But that created another problem, a leg bag that would not stay up. Then I tried the new CUBU. Comfy urine bag underwear. This allowed me to wear the bag on the outside of my leg and worked beautifully for me. If you hate those leg bags. Go to amazon and look up cubu urine bag underwear. It may help you.

Let's begin with a little chewy. Where is worst place(not aisle at wedding)to have accident(trans) adult drug store diaper filled-urine)

You’re best bet is to stick to scientifically proven things rather than things like energy healing (which is just a bunch of rubbish). Make an appointment with a different urologist as well as a neurologist.

Jeanette, why don't you check out ApexM on the internet. Its very interesting to read. There are quite a few sites and I have read them all . It has good healing rates like 80 t0 90% cure rates. I am a 68 year old femmale and I ordered one and I have been using it for two weeks now and I see an improvement, with bed accidents at nite and the urge incon. Its not cheap but it is working so far.Please check into this, they are real helpful on the phone. good luck Colin13