Shaving Diaper Area

Archives1

Staff member
Does anyone keep their diaper area completely shaved or trimmed? I completely shave mine so I won't get as bad of rashes and can treat them better if so.

Once a week or so I use the wife's razor while showering. Not super hairy but definitely makes a difference when it is hot. Once you get over the initial itch, it is not bad.

Try either an electric barber hair cutter first, then a man's face electric razor. Shaving off a long-term beard can be more itchy than when you first grow it, but most of the guys I know get over it.

@mhart82 I have a dedicated pair of clippers that I use weekly for that purpose, less because I’m worried about a rash and more because I’m paranoid about odour. I tend to get a really painful shaving rash if I use a razor down there.

I use a small Braun M90 battery powered shaver every couple of days and it works perfectly and causes no nicks even in the most sensitive areas. It even has a small pop-out shaver for longer hair. It's also water resistant and can be used in the shower but I use mine dry with just a small bit of baby powder and that helps it glide over skin smoothly. It's very easy to use and is hardly bigger than two AA batteries. I've been using mine for years with no problems. I use rechargeable batteries but it's even pretty easy on regular AA's and the shaver only costs about $25 on line.
9eed137801918f7264bf7932d172a36f.jpg

What trimmer brands do people use? I am 5' 9", 200 pounds, 36 waist with 46 belly.

I have extra skin and have been trying to shave with razor and trim, but get bumps or jabs from the trimmer.

Thanks

@thudson1965
Give the Braun shaver a try, I think you'll be impressed. But be sure to use a bit of powder on "softer" skin. It isn't quite as close a shave as a bladed razor but it is very close and I never have bumps or ingrown hairs when using this shaver.

BTW..If you are just looking for a nice little timer try the Andis #24870 "Trim N Go" trimmer. I've used mine for years and it's still working great. It even comes with quite a few accessories and costs only about $15 on Amazon.
c4154bd1324aa2815e45a8d22fb16388.jpg

@Padded53 I ordered the Braun M90 from Amazon yesterday - without Prime, It will arrive on Wednesday. I also ordered some baby powder

Thank you,
Terry

I use nair hair remover. Works excellent. Depending on how long I let it grow back, approx once a month works for me.
I will say though, be careful. If you find you are sensitive or you leave it on to long you can get "burned".
I am able to use it on all "parts" without issue.
Use at your discretion.

Remington make a powder stick of Talc or similar. I've used it for decades before face shaving.
"Remington FaceSaver - Pre-shave for use with all electric shavers."
Those before and after shave liquid products don't seem to help me shave close with an electric. The powder seems to help prevent the "burn". At least for me, letting my beard grow too much (Like: skip a day or two) makes it more uncomfortable to shave. That why the trimmer, too. Used to grow a beard every winter to save skin when wind and temp got too low. I liked it better than baby powder, wnet on more evenly, less messy.
Not an ad, just a suggestion.

I use a razor to shave smooth. It gets stubby fast, so sometimes I just use a barber's electric trimmer to get the hair down to 1/8 of an inch. It's quick and easy. I follow up with a moisturizer and powder. Surprisingly, it doesn't itch, and I feel much cleaner.

I use clippers with the smallest head attached. It leaves some hair down there, but allows me to reduce smell/ rashes, with limited injuries.

When I was only bedwetting occasionally, I didn't shave my diaper area. But now that I'm pretty much back in diapers full time, I find it's a lot easier to keep clean by keeping everything "Bare down there". I just use a disposable razor once every few weeks. I tried a Nair product once, and it gave me a burning rash worse than any diaper rash I've ever seen, so never again!