Senations that I have. Do you have any of them?

Archives1

Staff member
I have the following sensations all of the time & they drive me crazy! Does anyone else have them? No matter what I do, no matter how many times I wipe myself with toilet paper, I have these sensations. It feels as though I have urine dripping down my inner thighs to my knees. I feel as though my feet are wet up to my ankles when I wear ankle socks. If I wear knee-high socks, then I feel wet all the way up to the length of the knee-high socks. I have Fecal Incontinence, so it feels as though I have liquid leaking onto my buttocks. And yet, when I feel my buttocks with my hand, they are dry. My genitalia always feel wet & cold. Yet, when I feel with my hand, they're fairly dry. So I asked my Clinical Psychologist about it. He asked me if I had ever been shamed for wetting myself. I recalled my Father getting mad at wetting myself when I was toilet training. I was under five years old. I remembered we lived in Hayward, CA. I recalled that I was left in my clothing that way for awhile to teach me a lesson. So my therapist & I are working on that memory. Don't know how that will pan out, but it's worth a try. So, my question is: Does anyone else have the sensations that I do? I feel so alone in this!

Pegasi99. You are not alone. I’m 4 months out of prostate removal surgery. Sometimes I feel like my pull up is full and I check it and it’s relatively dry still. This shit gets in our heads big time! Try not to let it mess with you. Think good thoughts, meditate, if you’re so inclined. Don’t succumb to it!

Hello pegadi99. It's so funny you ask...yes, I too have that feeling of urine running down my inner thigh.So....I Googled it. If I can attached the link correctly- this is what I found. Like totally blew my mind!! Now, mind you, this is in no way medical advice but strictly for your reading enjoyment. (enjoyment?? did I just use the word "enjoyment???") I'm not sure if I attached correctly. If not, just let me knowand I'll go to plan B

I occasionally have the sensation of dripping down my leg when I am completely dry. This started when I stopped wearing pads. I attribute it to fear of soaking my pants. The brain does funny things sometimes. I suspect it will pass with time.

treuteinezabet -- Thank you for that link. Yes, I must have Lymphoedema! I already Have Lymphedema in my Left foot & leg!! So it figures!!! Thank you so much. So I joined The Lymphoedema Support Network. Am going to make an appt. with my Osteopath & get a manipulation for it. Have OAB/FI too!!!

@pegasi99 Fascinating, about hypothyroidism and lymphedema.

I have not experienced these sensations but as somebody who has OCD, I know it would drive me crazy, so I’m sorry you’re experiencing this obnoxiousness!

I can definitely imagine a fear of that feeling of actually being wet, manifesting as that sensation always being there.

It just drives me crazy! Now I know I have Lymphoedema & Lymphedema both. So what I think I'm feeling on the outside of my skin, I'm actually feeling on the inside of my skin! Have to keep reminding myself of that. Have Lymphoedema in my inner thighs, my feet and genitalia. They all feel wet all the time! It's hard to have these sensations. I change my socks once a day. It doesn't help. The socks are dry. It's my feet that are wet!!