Selfish bladder

Archives1

Staff member
Why does my bladder do only what it wants to do- you know- ignoring what I want... it is a part of me, so it should know what I expect of it. This thing is the most selfish part of my body. I mean, really...

I have a name for mine and I talk to I when I am hustling to ee and have urgent symptoms!
I speak kindly but firmly and that seems to almost help!

I hadn't thought of it that way - as selfish - but I certainly get fed up dealing with everything ...

@Maymay941 That’s what my therapist says to do with my anxiety. Maybe I’ll try it with my bladder.

My osteoarthritis, especially in my knees, is by far the most selfish part of my body. I can barely get out of my car or off a regular-height toilet any more. I had to install handicap bars in October in my condo and I’m only 46. I didn’t realize I’ll have to miss months of work for each knee replacement until as recently as January. Now I have to wait until I can afford it :( I’ve already waited long enough to wrap my head around it emotionally. At least financially, life was a lot easier when I was married.