Retrograde ejaculation

ltapilot

I had HoLEP surgery for BPH earlier this year. Since then, I've had retrograde ejaculation, where my semen for into my bladder instead of out of my body. They'd told me that it was a possibility, but I've been surprised at how much it has changed the sensations of having sex, and how distressing it's been for my wife.

I understand it's a common problem after any sort of prostate surgery. Had anybody found a treatment that helps with this problem?

Just to be clear, it's not like we're trying to have more kids - it's just that it's diminished the enjoyment of sex, and left my wife feeling like I'm faking orgasms.

Hi Itapilot,
this is unfortunately the problem with almost all procedures of prostate enucleation. Unfortunately, this cannot be reversed, because as a rule the anterior sphincter at the bladder neck - which is supposed to prevent the backflow of the sperm into the bladder - is nearly always destroyed or damaged while this process.

There are a few gentle procedures such as Rezum. The point is that there are not so many clinical studies and many currently believe that HoLEP is more sustainable. That the retrograde ejaculation can be quite a cut - the doctors unfortunately do not tell you - but I know many who share your experience...

CU
Michael