Restless Leg Syndrome now too

Archives1

Staff member
Did my second sleep study, and my PCP wanted me to talk to sleep study about the results, this lady told me I needed to start a medication called Lyrica,(muscle relaxant?) there is a lot of side effects, and they are keeping me on my Lexapro & Ativan.
Anyone else have this? How do you deal with this. I do feel my incontinence is elevated.

Here is an old folk remedy for restless leg syndrome that I actually have known to work.
Put a BAR of Ivory soap or BAR of Irish Spring under the bottom sheet of the bedding.
Ive seen testimonials countless times and i know of 3 people who it helped.
AND NO ONE KNOWS WHY.

My granddaddy had restless leg syndrome all of his life. They put him on different medications without a ton of success.. What helped him a lot was elevated sleeping. He would sleep in his recliner about as often as his bed because he said he was able to sleep better in it without being woke up from rls.

I find my nocturnal incontinence is not a problem if i sleep in a recliner. I can go from 11 pm to 8am.bold text

They tried to sell me on that for back pain, but it did nothing for me. Everyone is different though.

Ok Lee you be our princess guinea pig here! Put it inder bottom sheet at foot of bed.you dont have to put feet on it

Okay, all you Princesses. Gabapenten works on RLS for me - my Neurologist says it's one of the few drugs with no top limit. Doing 3 @ of 300mg caps at night, a fourth if that isn't enough. How much of my RLS is due to Peripheral Neuropathy? They are definitely related. If you have the type of PN where you get burning of nerves in calf/foot (I describe it as an electric current, but the Med Profession doesn't allow those words), then that and Lamotrigine work. Exercise helps; so does the Compression Socks (from Duluth Trading - those Dr. Scholls are too painful) for me. I've had too damn many years to experiment with that stuff and compare notes with support group. Neither Neurologist nor Urologist nor GIM want me using Lyrica - and i don't like the list of significant side-effects (You know: the ones with high percentages, not just-one-out-of-750-people), or the interaction problems.
Obviously, Lyrica works for some. Just watch your symptoms and make sure of no interactions.
Isn't Gabapenten an anti-spasmodic? Whichever is, using for RLS may be off-Rx (You know, not what it is normally prescribed for), but my Doc isn't the only one.
Quinine used to be used, but Feds nix-ed it - dose has to be too high and becomes unsafe, so don't bother to drink Tonic Water! And I like Gin & Tonic. Nuts.

I'm seeing some changes with Lyrica, well first, she upped my med from 50mg, too 150mg! I feel tired and eyes are so heavy right now. I don't know if it has cut my dreams and wonder about the muscle relaxant, as I feel there are already some changes in the incontinence. But hey they say if the Lexapro is making you feel better, Personally from what I have read, is Lexapro can actually cause RLS. So asked my PCP in a email, she quickly replied she didn't think it was!

I HATE restless leg syndrome. It’s hard to explain to someone who doesn’t have it just how uncomfortable it is!!!

In my experience, Lexapro and Remeron both caused severe RLS. I'm off anti-depressants and take a small dose of ativan and gabapentin....works quite well.

This post has me wondering! My wife has complained that I was shaking at night for almost 10 years. Is that what classic RLS presents as? I struggled to figure out what could be causing it. She thought I might have been doing "something else" early on.

This started long before I ever had OAB, or bedwetting issues. As a side note, I did take Lexapro for a while but as far as I know this happened before but did not change before or after Lexapro.