Rectal Prolapse issues.

Archives1

Staff member
So last night I ended up taking a second shower due to an accident. When I was cleaning up the mess with the xl body wipes I use I realized that my rectum was bulging out of my anus quite a bit. Now, this has happened before but I never realized how much while sitting on the toilet.
In the shower is as squatting down a lot more and when I did I realized that it was prolapsed about 2+ inches. It took about two minutes and a lot of motivation to get it back up and then there was still a bit of a bulge. I was actually leaking diarrhea while in the shower in the squat position cleaning up so.

I am going to talk to my physical therapist about this because this the most prolapsed I have ever been that I know of.

It was very painful and as I said took a while to go away.

I have a bulge on my anus too & I believe it causes a weakened spinchter (?) muscle. That causes leakage. I do have the interstim implant & that has helped with accidents.
What can they do for that bulge? Repair or something? I feel your pain!

I don't have these problems-I have incontinence due to a brain tumor. It there anyway it can be fix with surgery? Too expensive or not possible maybe. I am just suggesting not knowing anything about this issue as an idea, Blessings and good luck with your issues.

Okay, This happened again tonight. This time was much worse. When I was cleaning up in the shower I felt something weird around my rectum. Well, my rectum had prolapsed almost 3+ inches. It took up the space between my index finger and thumb so it was a lot.

This time I actually had to work it back in. That was hours about and my butt is still sore.

I go to physical therapy again on the 27th and I am going to let her know just how bad it is going.

That doesn't sound good at all. If it were me I would definitely see the doctor because it probably won't "just go away" on its own and I ca foresee it's going to get harder and harder to manipulate it back to where it belongs. So please check with our doc on Monday and tell him exactly what you told us here so the doc will have a better idea of what treatment is needed.