Real Progress!

Archives1

Staff member
Good news for once!

My osteopath gave me some exercises and I managed to get out of a chair without using my arms! A very small step but it felt amazing as it's proof that slowly but surely I'm making progress. Also feeling a bit more like my old self in general but the cognitive issues are definitely still there and very debilitating.

The funding for the power chair's been approved and so I should be able to get out and about more easily. The real proof will be trying to get taxis but I'll give it a go. I mean, it's no bigger or heavier than a suitcase when folded so they can't really object. Should mean I can get to the Lindsey Buckingham and Abba Voyage shows I booked ages ago!

I've also found that by detuning my guitar a whole step I'm able to play as slacker strings means you can do more with a lighter touch. Even tried singing a bit and if it's really detuned I can sort of hold a tune.

Think the Kegel's are starting to have an impact as well!

Slowly but surely I'm making progress! All the best for Easter everyone and thanks for all your support!

It is true, progress is marked by small steps. Keep stepping! Congratulations. Enjoy the Abba show. I’m jealous.

Wow! The PT taught me "nose over toes" for getting out of a chair, but you beat him all hollow! That guitar? Check out Hawaii "Flat String guitar", if you haven't already.
You're an inspiration, guy. Keep it up!

Thanks for all the kind words guys - means a hell of a lot. This place has been a real lifeline during the last hellish couple of years.

@Sci_Fi_Fan YAHOO! BRAVO! PROGRESS! HIP, HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!!! Congratulations! This is a wonderful update from you. I’m jealous of those concerts and I hope you will be able to attend them!