Ready for bed with a diaper

Archives1

Staff member
Well - after spending a lot of money to the urologist- I gave up - put my protection on and it is what it is - yes I’m wearing a diaper now before bed time - sucks

Waking up with a warm dry bed with diaper on is a whole lot better than waking up in a cold wet sticky bed

Same on my end. I have been to the doctors repeatedly over the last year and a half. Tried meds, physical therapy, I am currently do PTNS, but have not seen any changes. I have seen, eurologist, neurologist, and no answers. Just at the point I need to except this. Have had to wear diapers 24/7 for tye last year and a half. No one notices is says anything. Had to change day to day routine,but all good.

I've been wearing diapers full time 24 7 since end of July nearly 4 months .

It's alot better than wet clothes and wet bedding .

I do use both washable and disposable pads as I do toss and turn alot in my sleep.

I always have a fresh diaper on for bed

changing is one of the last things I do- even after I've shut off my computer and turned off the lights.

sometimes, if the diaper I have on is passable and not too dirty, I may chance it

When my bedwetting started becoming a more frequent thing, (Like more than a few times a month..) I was still "In denial" about needing diapers. I'd had a mattress protector on my bed for many years, but I was "managing" my bedwetting by just changing my sheets, and sometimes blankets too. But this was no way to sleep. I was always awakened by the cold, wet bedding. Then, either I had to get up in the middle of the night and change the bedding, or if I was really tired, scooch around the bed, seeking a dry spot to sleep in!

I found that the older I got, two things happened. First, I need more sleep as I age. Second, I'm bedwetting more as I age too. Eventually, I accepted that wearing diapers to bed was the practical answer to my problem. Since my diapers don't cool down after I wet, I'm never awakened cold and wet in the middle of the night. I wake up after a good nights sleep, deal with a wet diaper (A LOT quicker than wet sheets and blankets..) and get on with my day.

@emily91 I do the same thing, but it's a risky thing though.

See I can't tell when I void, the only thing I can feel is a slight warm-wet feeling. I feel nothing while sleeping. During the day is when I feel the warmth slightly and I try to judge buy how long I feel the warmth , as to how much was or is voided.

Although I'm constantly dripping, to short voids , then to what feels like would be full bladder voids . Which makes having to wear briefs 24/7 essential for me .

My not being able to feel the need to pee is neurological. I've been diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder. I've got a severely damaged spinal cord, it was nearly severed last year from a cervical disc at the c3-4 level. While I had to get surgery to fix it. The surgery was postponed 3 times from this time last November until mid February of this year, the postponed surgery was 💯% due to COVID-19. But damage was rapidly being done through the hurry up and wait period.

I went from being able to walk to being in a wheelchair in a month, not able to stand without leaning on a wall ect to not able to stand at all. Even my arms and hands where useless .

By the time I was able to get the surgery which was in March of this year. The disc had pinched my spinal cord to the point of nearly severing it. Which wasn't found out until surgery time.

The surgery helped but I'm left with a very severely damaged spinal cord, bladder , gi, and respiratory , and neurological issues with both arms and legs, and spasticity. And various other symptoms a quadraparlgic would have.

Now I can stand for short Time and walk short distance, I do still need to use a wheelchair when shopping, but not like was required last year, which is a good improvement and I'll take it for what it is. It's uncertain how much more if any improvement will be regained.

I mean it's a tramatic experience.

I defenetly needed a fresh diaper before bed tonight

going to bed in the one I was wearing was just not an option

Ugh. I remember when I finally gave in and started using night diapers full time. I had kind of a bad childhood in regards to diapers and was horrified at the thought of wearing as an adult. I was literally sick to my stomach buying a package at the store and was almost in tears the first time I put one on and saw myself in the mirror. It did get easier though but I totally empathize with your situation