Rash

Archives1

Staff member
So what does everyone use to prevent a rash? I’ve been using Desitin is there anything better to use?

Calmoseptine Ointment is the best I have ever used by far. Dries up and takes the rash away almost immediately from the first onset.

I use this stuff called Aquaphor to heal but as a preventative A&D ointment I like a little better than Desitin as the smell of that stuff is just overwhelming and never seems to go away even after a shower.

@DPCARE In addition to staying clean and taking a daily shower, My doctor suggested a soap with lotion like Dove or Caress, also some briefs don't do as good a job keeping you dry like others do. She also suggested using a cornstarch powder, also known as baby powder. (They make a perfume free version).

Columbia Antiseptic Power (a baby powder and more, Columbia.com) is what I used for athlete's foot and for the groin area. We used it for the babies. It contains two or three antiseptics, (like Zinc Oxideboric acid, and carbolic acid, according to my old bottle.
Also used a preventative barrier cream, which seemed to help a lot. Columbia powder is the very devil to get, right now, as the supply chain has issues in the USA, and it contains talc and everyone is afraid of talc, even when it contains no asbestos. You can only buy 3 bottles from the manufacturer, right now. Not sure of Amazon, but check prices first. Amazon tend to have price gougers for sparse items. It seems logical that men have much less problems with a powder with asbestos, but what do I know? We avoid it, anyway. All the other brands I researched have gone to corn starch.
According to our pharmacist, one of the "cures" is one of the Lamictals, it's supposed to be the latest and best. It's Clotrimazole Cream USP 1%. My expereince is very good. Don't know if it comes in different strengths, or a prescription variety. The inactive ingredients seem okay.

@Nra, I’ve been prone to a mild rash and alternate between regular baby powder and Molicare barrier cream for bedwetting. I use the barrier cream exclusively if a rash starts to develop and keep with it until it goes away.

Hi,I forgot the name of it,my wife and I used to put this cream on our son when he was a baby and it's really great, maybe ask the pharmacists about it, take care

I use zinc oxide cream, regular strength as a preventative measure; if I end up with a rash (not very often at all, unless I neglect things) I use the extra strength version or Clotrimazole cream 1% (otc anti-fungal cream) or I get a prescription from my doctor.

I keep my diaper area shaved and clean myself thoroughly with a wet wipe when changing my diaper. If a rash starts, I treat with one of the creams designed to treat athletes’ foot. But I very rarely have any sign of a rash. I think keeping the diaper area shaved is the most important thing.