Question for those with OAB

Archives1

Staff member
Do those with OAB have leaks without urge?
Im new to this and just when I thought I was getting an understanding Ive started leaks without urge.
Hoping to get botox soon but now Im thinking will these non urge leaks still remain?

Yes, or very little. However, there are periods of time when everything functions as it should- some days I can go 5 or more hours without issues of any kind. By that, I mean that I don't even have to void; when I do get the urge, I can make it to the bathroom and all goes as it should. After that, anything can happen- another several hours of normal urinary functioning, or the close calls can start; as well, it can be a minute after voiding that I have to empty my bladder again and it can be a large amount or a very small amount- it's very unpredictable. I should say, though, that in my case, the cause has been diagnosed as a head injury I had in 1988 and other symptoms, whether they be memory, or vision, headache, vertigo, (or any one of a number of other issues) are the same- very unpredictable. Oab may be different for others suffering from it.

I’ve noticed mine gets worse if I’m really stressed or anxious. If I’m sick I have a terrible time controlling voids. This might sound like an overkill but I’ll wear a full padded diaper if I’m home sick because there is no telling what will happen.

Mine also turned into nighttime accidents. So I’ll wear an overnight diaper.

But then if I’m not stressed or anxious I usually just wear a liner during the day. Alcohol and caffeine also make it worse. Dehydration actually makes it worse too

Hope this helps! Mine was brought on after assault in 2019

@jeffswet Sounds exactly the same as my issues.

I find I'm by far the worst in the mornings. I'll wake up with a full bladder and will void before I can make it to the toilet, mainly when I'm still in bed. After I get up, the morning coffee at breakfast often goes straight through me with no warning at all.

I'm better during the day but need to urinate frequently and have limited time to get to the toilet before I have an accident. If I'm properly hydrated then often I have practically no warning before the inevitable happens which makes staying hydrated an issue, especially at work. I'm off sick with long-Covid at the moment and even at home where I'm free to use the toilet when I want, I'll still probably have at least two big accidents a day.

I'm just pleased that osteopathy has really helped my IBS issues because it was the same story with that as well so I had it in stereo so to speak.

@Dkscray255 Can relate to what you said about illnesses. Whenever I have flu I have next to no control.

Same here. Pretty much with no warning. By the time I even think of finding a restroom, my diaper is soaked.

I typically have urgency prior to leaking (sometimes seconds). However, i notice I also will dribble throughout the day with no urge involved. I'm scheduled for my first round of botox in a couple weeks myself.

Mightychi said:
I typically have urgency prior to leaking (sometimes seconds). However, i notice I also will dribble throughout the day with no urge involved. I'm scheduled for my first round of botox in a couple weeks myself.

Hope all goes well with the botox. I'd be curious to know what results you get. 🤞