Putting diaper on

I lean on the wall when I’m home to tape on my diaper. It’s easy or sometimes laying in bed I put it on. Was in hospital a couple of times thy had nurses changing my but that was very uncomfortable and embarrassing

The good thing about posts that are similar to others, is that there's greater activity in the forum. Someone was irritated by this recently (on a different topic), so I checked it; at that time, the two posts were separated by 23 topics, and the original had not been commented on for 10 days. This is not a problem, in my opinion.

I need to add I do wear cloth diapers with plastic pants overnight and it is much easier to get the proper fit with cloth laying down.

I know many claim cloth diapers are more comfortable - But - not when it comes to washing them. If you don’t take care of them quickly, they smell and the messiness can be a huge problem. I guess if you have someone else taking care of them - that’d be nice. But I always washed and took care of them myself. When I was doing it, it seemed like a lot of work, I never had time for anything else. Washing, the mess, the smell, the drying, folding, putting them away only to do it again. disposables are so much nicer. I still have dirty, wet clothes, etc. but not as many blah, blah, blah. And for me, yes they are more comfortable but then you have the “feel like a Baby” factor. Incontinence sucks but you have to do what makes you psychotically feel better - for me and I think everyone else in the house, disposables are the answer. Let me just say, I wear them 24/7 and wet many times a day and night which adds up and cloth is much harder to hide in public. I hope this helps. I am not trying to push one way or another just offering my experience and opinion. You know like butt holes, everyone has one. Just do what makes you and everyone in your household more comfortable. Thanks all and enjoy life to its fullest regardless of our trials in life.

Hi all,

For myself I prefer standing usually however sometimes I find lying down I get a better fit. But then again it isn’t always that way. :)

Obviously when I am out and about lying down is virtually impossible and or very awkward. I wear disposables and I have accepted that I need to wear and don’t really care if anyone notices. It is what it is and really it could be a lot worse. I think it’s paramount someone facing incontinence has a good attitude and just lives life to the fullest. Agreed it sucks sometimes but life is too short to allow it to control you. I am still relatively young as I am currently 41 also diagnosed with relapse remitting multiple sclerosis; so really incontinence is the least of my worries.

Cheers and everyone seize life and enjoy yourself!

With love ❤️

Jason

@Vettesfan86 My procedure goes like this (I use plastic-backed 4-tape diapers):

Open the diaper, crease it down the middle and fluff it. Then balance the diaper on the crease on my bed and put baby powder in it.

Apply moisture barrier to myself.

While standing, slip the diaper between my legs and back into a wall.

Pull the diaper snug between my legs and fasten bottom tapes, using the wall to keep the rear of the diaper in place.

Pull the diaper's waistband snug and fasten the top tapes.

If I put on (for the night) my Tena Maxi Diaper I do it always standing with my back to the wall, diaper between wall and my back - pull the front between my legs, first fasten the bottom tapes, then the top tapes.
During the day I use the Attends Flex diapers, which are belt type ones - so I even don't need a wall. You can put the on simply standing; first close the belt (velcro), then grab the diaper between the legs, fasten left and right velcro to the belt - ready!

I have worn diapers to bed all of my life. My mom diapered me, so my earliest memories were always being changed on my back. I bent my knees to lift my rearend to help my mom and just kept my legs bent which seemed to help create a better seal when I stood up. Well as good as the old style, pre-fold pampers could seal. It may have been sooner but by eight years old, I was changing my own diaper. Eventually I outgrew the largest baby diaper and went to bigger diapers only available at medical supply stores back then. My mom had to help me the first couple of nights, but I remember her telling me that it was very important to tape the bottom tapes first then the tops. Depending on the brand the middle was last if there was one. I still changed on the floor with my knees bent. I'm 57 years old now and wear them full time. I still change them on the floor, and I still keep my knees bent and thankful I still can get up from the floor. I will change standing up when I need to, but they always seem more bulkier in my jeans. Very seldom do I have leaks when I change on the floor. Eventually I will need to change on the bed, and I've tried that but it's softer and I don't always feel like the diaper stays where I placed it which changes the way it feels. And in case anyone asks, I'm not feeling that young. It has to be a carpeted floor.

I change a disposable diaper standing up. As soon as I fasten one tape at the waist, I stand in front of the mirror to finish, as it’s easier to see and get a better tape job.

I wear cloth diapers, too, but mostly for night. Weekends too when I know I’ll be home. I change the cloth diaper laying down but it’s more forgiving than a disposable diaper as pins are always re-fastenable.

I do prefer a cloth diaper for comfort but they are thick and I just can’t get pants on over them. So when I’m at home in cloth diapers, I’ll wear a t-shirt or sweatshirt but that’s all.

I am with you on that. Though I dont use cloth diapers often, when I do, i need to pin them on lying down.

I want to try using cloth diapers, but they are just so expensive to start out with. I know that in the long run though it becomes much cheaper to use them.

My mom raised me in cloth diapers. I like them. I do buy a couple every other month or so. That way, when they wear out, I don’t make a huge investment to replace them.
I can’t wear pants over them so used mostly for sleeping or weeknights/weekends when I’m home for good.

You can see a pic of my cloth diapers on my profile.

My mom pinned on my diapers until age 12 or so. She had asked me at age 9 or so if I’d like to do it myself but I said no as I was very used to her doing it and didn’t want to give that up. I’ve always put my cloth diapers for nightime lying down. I usually stand to tape on my daytime briefs.

My mom wouldn’t stop with putting me in diapers and at age 14 I was getting so embarrassed. Bedtime was on schedule and I finally decided to put my own diaper on an hour before. Mom came in my room and gave it a lengthy inspection. She did that for a week and from then on, it was all up to me.

Sometimes, on Saturday, when I got out of bed I’d get another diaper instead of my usual padded briefs. If we had a shopping trip or event scheduled, I’d always be in diapers. Then I’d end up spending the whole weekend in diapers. That ended when I took charge.

I didn’t want to start a new thread, so I’m posting here since the topic is diapers.

Curious to know if anyone uses Trest Elite Briefs. I’ve stopped using Megamax now as I find the Trest to be even thicker. Definitely a premium diaper, about $45 for a bag of 10 on Amazon.