Pull ups question

Archives1

Staff member
Hey guys!

Hope all is well. FYI the infection I had in my belly button was from a hot tub lol. On my third antibiotic but it looks and feels better!

Now to the question. I wish I could find a solid pull up for naps during the day. I now wear briefs when sleeping at night and relaxing/napping during the day. All pull ups I’ve tried leak when I’m laying down and sleeping. Do any of you have success? I’m thankful the tab briefs work well don’t get me wrong. Just would like something easy to slip on and off for during the day.

At night I know I’m in it for the long haul. So strapping in is totally fine.

Also, these aren’t leaks. The are full blown bladder losses

I suggest you get a good bed protection pad cloth, plastic backed and use under you when day napping in a pull up
Also use a night or maximum quality pull up. I find the grocery store brand Assurance works forme with minimal leaks at night Alwaysbrand was terrible (which is when tbe river flows all night)

Pullups do not off the same protection and coverage as a diaper and although some pullups claim "Maxmum Absorbency" they do not have the padding coverage that a diaper has

if you're looking for a decent reusable bed pad Amazon has one called Wet-Stop with tuck in wings for only $14.99

928ce47909833034734fde6437a5d2f4.jpg
388ac137d7fb715e8ee6ddc60dad297b.jpg
749b25a47ebc1e72d3b6a5d921c01fa4.jpg

I’ve not found a pull up that works at night and only the Northshore go supremes barely work for me during the day. Only for light leaks. As much as it sucks you’re better off wearing a tabbed diaper for full voids.

I fully agree and second that

justej said:
I’ve not found a pull up that works at night and only the Northshore go supremes barely work for me during the day. Only for light leaks. As much as it sucks you’re better off wearing a tabbed diaper for full voids.

I gave up on using pullups while laying down. I tried a bunch of different ones before I gave up on them for laying down. Use them during the day every day.

In my understanding from others experiences leaks are almost inevitable for side sleeping without extra side boosters.
For just a couple hours nap I am myself fine with the store stuff but a mattress pad for the small leak that could happen.
I also use cheap store brand at night with a pad which I wash as needed and :
"cry me a river" at night sometimes so much I can't sleep deeply because "a river runs through it" is my sleeping bodies motto. I never know if its going to be a heavy or not so bad a night but the mattress pad gets very little spill on it.
I was surprised the cheapest grocery store brand assurance works better for me than the fancier ones some of which didn't absorb at all so its trial and error on brands I guess.

And that's true with a lot of things, May. No matter what you're buying, absorbent underwear, food, or whatever clothing and stationery, the cheaper Wal-Mart brands work very well for me and they can give the more expensive premium brands a run for their money! But I'm sure that's not the case with everyone, since we are all made differently and have our different preferences.
And if the cheaper store brands work for you then it shows you are a wise shopper who knows real value!!!

you get what you pay for

billliveshere said:
And that's true with a lot of things, May. No matter what you're buying, absorbent underwear, food, or whatever clothing and stationery, the cheaper Wal-Mart brands work very well for me and they can give the more expensive premium brands a run for their money! But I'm sure that's not the case with everyone, since we are all made differently and have our different preferences.
And if the cheaper store brands work for you then it shows you are a wise shopper who knows real value!!!

Meet you at Walmart Billy!! Lol

Unfortunately for my social conscience I find better quality items for many everyday things st Walmart Bohan the namebrand stuff i used to pay up for.

But, as you say every bodies body bus built differently.
I tried some of the favored suppliers on this site and they did not work for me at all.

That sounds good May! I was just there to pick up a few things. I, too, have tried various well-known makes of popular items and I didn't think that much of them! I always start low and then build up if I have to!!!

I use quite a few Walmart Assurance brand items and like others here have found them to cost less and actually be better than some of the big name brand items. Specifically, I really like their Stretch Briefs which are the ones with the single large velcro tab on each side. They have really high leak guards, stay up very well, and are super cool to wear. The capacity isn't huge but not bad at all for around the house or a quick trip to the store. Their Male Guard pads are also very good and the large wipes are some of the best I've ever found. I also use their "Main Stays" Flour Sack Towels as cloth boosters for my nighttime diaper. It's not often but sometimes you actually can get more for your money.

I know from reading other posts and threads that my expreaince is not normal but I have found that the RealFits work for me for my bedwetting. Now for clarification I only wear them when I am not sleeping at home incase I bedwet. When I do bedwet it is not a flood. Id say it is a sm to md wetting. So give that I am not the best benchmark to gauge on. But for med to small sleep wetting issues I have not had an issue. wit them yet.