Pull-up/ booster combo

Archives1

Staff member
I recently started to have bad daytime issues again. “Yeah me” I had them years ago, but they improved with weight loss, and levels. I still drenched at night. I know what is causing the problem now. Too much sugar, too much stress, too much weight gain, not enough sleep or self care. Part of being an essential mental health worker during this time. Anyways, I am now wetting during the day, most of the problems hit in session, I make it about 30 mins before an urge hits, and have ten mins before emptying. I was thinking the pad/ pull-up option would be good, but I don’t know what is out there.

For pull-ups, I need an item with internal leg gathers, to manage overflow from the pad. I would like something that had some padding towards the back. I am using depend night defense now, they are good for a single wetting. I hate the feel of how the padding ends near the bottom of my rear. I am also looking for something that won’t deteriorate just from me walking around. I had that problem with tens men’s in the past. I’m not picky at all.

For booster pads, I am not sure what is really available. I thought of guards, but I am good at pointing down, and thought a pad would be more stable, and absorb more. I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Hi there,
That is a good idea for day while you are out. I’ve used the depend pull-ups and put one of their men’s guards in the front then you can toss it as long as you don’t use the adhesive strip. In a pinch, you can also fold the wings back on a baby diaper and slide that in as a removable pad.
Northshore also has some good pull-ups and really absorbent liners that double the pull-ups or diapers.
Hope this helps some. Happy weekend!

Jim

Mightychi said:
I recently started to have bad daytime issues again. “Yeah me” I had them years ago, but they improved with weight loss, and levels. I still drenched at night. I know what is causing the problem now. Too much sugar, too much stress, too much weight gain, not enough sleep or self care. Part of being an essential mental health worker during this time. Anyways, I am now wetting during the day, most of the problems hit in session, I make it about 30 mins before an urge hits, and have ten mins before emptying. I was thinking the pad/ pull-up option would be good, but I don’t know what is out there.

For pull-ups, I need an item with internal leg gathers, to manage overflow from the pad. I would like something that had some padding towards the back. I am using depend night defense now, they are good for a single wetting. I hate the feel of how the padding ends near the bottom of my rear. I am also looking for something that won’t deteriorate just from me walking around. I had that problem with tens men’s in the past. I’m not picky at all.

For booster pads, I am not sure what is really available. I thought of guards, but I am good at pointing down, and thought a pad would be more stable, and absorb more. I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

hi mighty,

the pullups I use are thin and might appear cheap but they have inner leg guards that catch overflow and absorb pretty good. I find the thinness preferable because I use booster pads which can be repositioned and later replaced. It saves money because it maximises the life of the pullups. You do have to learn how to set everything up to make sure they are positioned right. I do have occasional minor leaks but I prefer it way more than something heavy and having to change more frequently. I find the combination of the brands I use to be the most comfortable of everything I've ever tried. I'm satisfied.

The boosters are called Total Dry Duo Booster Pads. They're very thin and absorb a lot. The pullups I like best are Medline Fitright Ultra Protective Underwear (pullups). They also have a few other styles. They seem a bit skimpy in the rear but strangely, at least for me, it seems to make them work better. I have urinary and fecal incontinence. These don't sag and bunch up and they really do fit right and feel good. (Just don't sit with fecal - I believe some people do). If these qualities are acceptable they may be good for you. If you prefer something with ample coverage in the rear my second choice - if I even remember - is Tye Medical LivDry Pullups.

I just received samples of 2 brands from Norton Hurley. I haven't tried them yet. I can let you know when I do.

Hope this helps.

I find pull-ups to be highly inadequate the padding does not come up high enough in the front or back and I prefer a plastic-backed diaper if the came out with a plastic-backed pullup I would give it a try
the booster pad is a good way to add absorbency and if that combination works for you that's a good thing

I have used the Depend Real Fit(nd other brands) in the past and used guards and change the guards during the day, using the pullup as a backup for the guard was the idea. Also I dont like to have to take off my shoes or boots, socks and pants to change a pullup especially in a public restroom. I also used a few clamping devices and wear a pullup as a backup because I didnt clamp it down real tight so that was a trial and error thing and one brand of clamp was different than others. I know a lot of folks dont like the thought of clamping but thought I would mention what I have tried with somewhat success.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try out the total dry pads. A full on diaper during the day is overkill, and the sound would travel a thousand miles in a quiet office. I have to say I always have wondered about the design of adult pull-ups. I’ve always wondered why they didn’t have anything like good nights for adults. I thinks it makes sense to have a full coverage pull up.

A combo I've used is large shaped pads like diapers without the tapes held in place with net pants.
I've used them inside of pull ups along with the net pants as well.

Most incontinence wear brands have a large shaped pad.

Mightychi said:
Thanks for the feedback. I will try out the total dry pads. A full on diaper during the day is overkill, and the sound would travel a thousand miles in a quiet office. I have to say I always have wondered about the design of adult pull-ups. I’ve always wondered why they didn’t have anything like good nights for adults. I thinks it makes sense to have a full coverage pull up.
just wondering, i keep hearing mention of plastic backed and some being noisy and i don’t know what the difference is. i only find some are softer and some less soft and none seem to make noise. well, maybe a little but i doubt anyone else has ever heard anything. i guess i’ll keep listening and wondering. if anyone can explain, please let me know. tyvm

Hi there,
Some pads are like doublers with no backing to give your diaper or pull-up a boost in capacity.
Others like the ones livedry, and Northshore also make do have a backing and can be used by themselves inside your underwear or a mesh pant.
The higher capacity ones from Northshore are really great. For me if I go out or run out of briefs or pull-ups and still have some of those, I put them in my underwear with the wider side in the front (so reverse)
For a guy it’s better coverage for your front parts and does a better job I think.
Depends on anatomy but that worked better for me at least.
Enjoy,
Jim