PSA numbers

Be careful what primary care doctors tell you. I asked about a psa test some time after turning 50. Not sure how long May have been a couple of years. She told me that it was not recommended routinely anymore. A few weeks before I turned 57 I went in for blood work as usual every few months to renew my blood pressure medicine. Primary care had hired a new nurse practitioner and I ended up seeing her. She noticed I had never had a psa test and said she was going to do one. A few days later they called and my psa was 12 and they scheduled me to see a urologist. DRE and another psa plus biopsy revealed a Gleason score 8 cancer. RALP in December. March 5, 2021 psa <0.10. Praying it stays there.

Not downing GPs just be diligent if you think you need something done. Don’t just settle for what someone thinks is common practice.

I too had no T had a PSA for about 3 years at that time was 2. I asked for a PSA test and it came up as a 4.9.had a MRI a
ND it showed a lump. Then the did a biopsy and it came back at a Gleason score of 8 and 9s. So, you don't have a high PSA to have a cancer problem. I just entered me 5th month post surgery and having PSA next week. My first PSA after surgery was .<1. Good so far.