proper diaper fit

Archives1

Staff member
I am struggling with finding the proper size for a dry 24/7 diaper. I have a couple of small and medium samples from xpmedical, and they both fit, but obviously differently. The small fits. The tapes come to the inside of my hips. The medium also fits. The tapes come closer to the middle of my waist, but don't touch. My concern is leakage. If a diaper is too small or large will it leak? I'm in between small and large with the 24/7...30" waist, 35" hip. I know this is kind of an unusual post, but would like any advice. If you have worn this product, how do you like it? Fit, comfort, etc. Thanks

You would fit perfectly in a betterdry medium. Larger sizes leak due to the leg areas being to wide open (in my experiences).

I have tried the Betterdry, but don't like how the swell in the front once wet. They were just not as comfortable for me. Thanks for the suggestion, however.

Too large will leak at the legs. Either would probably work for you being a size 30 but would say check the legs of the medium and see how much give or gap they have aftwr putting them on. As for too small its mostly a issue of the inside of the legs cutting into the thigh and causing issues there. If the small fit you comfortably then I would say you should be good to go with that size

Try the "BetterDry" briefs, they're my go-to for long periods between changes and have yet to leak on me - unless I completely disregard the need to change after 2 hours or so. Add an Abena Abri-Let stuffer, and you'll increase the wearability by another 30-40%. Simply remove the stuffer when saturated and enjoy the use of wearing the B.D. brief another 4-6+ hours without fear of leaks.

You can find them on Amazon for from North Shore Care at a lower cost per diaper than the 247.

North shore or abena m4's are my go to's. Yes very important to get a snug fit around the legs. I will always leak there first during the day when I oversaturate my diaper. I try and push it to minimize changes however it is always much more comfortable in a dry diaper. I have no success at night with disposables because I'm a side sleeper so I stick to cloth with plastic pants for overnight use.

This is my first post. I'm male. 37. Married. 4 boys. Bladder And sometimes bowel incontinent. I fit in 32 pants. I've tried the 24/7. The medium fit fine. I prefer a tight fit for discretion. I tape the bottom two tabs first and then the top two. But I am not fond of the 24/7's. My every day and night diaper has been the rearz rebel medium. Yes they swell but I would rather have a swollen diaper than wet pants.