Product question

Archives1

Staff member
I am looking for what I’ve heard called a stuffer or a doublers that are more designed for the pullup style. I tend to sometimes leak only a little if I don’t get to change in time at work. I usually get to change every few hours or so but sometimes we are busy and retail, like my bladder, won’t just stop when it’s inconvenient. Haha I wear the attend pullup styles. It’s what the va gives me. Thank you

I use tranquility boosters. They work and fit in almost any product I've tried. I'm not familiar with the cost as Medicaid pays for them but tranquility products tend to be on the lower end of price.

justej Are booster different from pads in and of themselves? I tried some tena but when they had finished the job, they basically leaked over the side as opposed to let it flow through to the pullup. Thanks

You’ll probably leak regardless as long as you use a pull up. They are just not good for moderate to heavy leakage.

@soyeahandthat, the boosters (aka stuffers or doublers) are flow-thru material and do not have any plastic backing. They are basically extra absorbent layers that increase the capacity of your pull-ups or diapers. They are not the same as pads as those have a plastic backing and usually also adhesive strip so that they can be placed in underwear and not move around (much like a maxi pad for menstration).

The VA can provide better products if the ones you are receiving are not sufficient. They can also provide boosters and/or pads and/or briefs as well (if needed). You just need to discuss with your provider and may also discuss with your clinic’s pharmacist. Feel free to PM me if you’d like more info.

I’ve been using Northshore a booster pad and it’s very thin and very soft but holds allot of fluid when needed. I think allot of us with heavier leakage have eventually gone to a tape in style diaper because they do hold quite a bit more and are quite comfortable. I’ve found the best for me is the Northshore supreme lite diaper. It’s thin enough that it’s very discreet and absorbent enough it lasts quite a while and if needed the Northshore booster fits perfectly for added protection. You’ll just need to try different products and find what works best, Northshore also is more than willing to send free samples!!

The Northshore GoSupreme pull ups is what I wear day and night and they work pretty well. Especially if I wear a booster pad in them.