Product "Hacks" or shortcuts - Huggies diapers

Archives1

Staff member
Sorry if it's a repeat found elsewhere but I struggled with search.

I'm tryin to graduate from pull-ups and struggle with the expensive products. I find high waist pull ups or wearing belts causes pressure.

Wearing briefs (real ones) there's less pressure on bladder, and putting a baby diaper is enough, where I am in recover most of time at home at least.

And OMG... got Huggies size two and I'll be damned, the sticky velcro business is on the FRONT and sticks perfectly to cotton brief waistband! And I leak waaay less with tight briefs (since below the beer belly). Zero accidents so far! All other diapers so far shift etc, adult products have adhesive but cost much more and frankly hold less unless you go pull-up.

Throwing it out there for my two cents.

Something I've said in the past - for dignity reasons it could make sense for the elderly population to use them as gaurds or shields in the front of the underwear - so that others do not know they are purchasing adult protection if one does not buy online.

So it makes sense from a logical perspective.

Thank you for sharing - and it is nice to meet you @Pedidoc. Welcome to the NAFC. Don't feel ashamed with buying adult protection; I think Northshore has discreet delivery and has just as absorbent options that way you do not have to worry about buying in store.

Been there - I've found medical supply stores are accommodating and very friendly.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

@snow I don’t think Pedidoc is saying that they fit around their waist. I think they are saying that they wear them like a pad inside underwear.

I would not work for me I’m stuck wearing diapers but I have a friend that does this and it works for her

Depends Shields work the same way... A pad you put in your underwear. But I think using the baby diaper as a pad IS cheaper. I used the Depends Shields for a while, when my daytime urge incontinence problem first started. However, as the urge incontinence became worse, the Depends shields didn't have enough absorbency, and I had to start using a full sized adult disposable diaper. I didn't try the baby-diaper-insert myself, but I have heard of it working for others. I think it all depends on how much absorbency you need, and how long you can go between changes.

snow said:
@Rowan123 Oh, okay, that makes much more sense then :)

@snow, I know some small waisted women who can make size 7 pampers work, but the absorbency is light. Goodnites are more practical and basically invisible.

I often use a size 5-7 baby diaper as a stuffer in a tape on brief. That way after my first accident I can just swap it out in the restroom. If I have a leak, my diaper catches it.