Problems due to skin irritation from urine

Archives1

Staff member
Hello friends
It is clear that there is no pull up that is perfect and the urine that is left will always cause the skin to be damaged. Could you recommend some cream to mitigate this problem. I suppose some with Aloe Vera but I await your advice.
Thanks since now.
Sammy

I always use plenty of Sudocreme and regularly wash the area. Also I sit on a pad during the evening allowing the area to dry thoroughly. I get some redness and irritation but as I am wet most of the time this is almost inevitable.

I've used medline REMEDY with olivamine CALAZIME. Works very well and has a cooling effect. About 9.00 a 4 oz. tube on Amazon. Only need a tiny bit.

Over the last two years my best results have come from the following skin care routine:
Staying well hydrated
Changing regularly
Washing at each change with warm water (no soap)
Using Johnson and Johnson's bedtime lotion at each change
Showering daily and using shampoo as the primary soap

Each person is different, activity levels, body chemistry and incontinence varies. This has worked for me. The bedtime lotion is water soluble and it seems to do a good job of keeping my skin from being irritated from the urine. Irritations from garments rubbing have given me some problems. Usually these occur when I have not changed frequently enough. Changing brands of protection, using Vaseline on irritated spots early helps.

What about washing after using a pad and then spraying a very thin mist of Cavillon spray around the affected area before putting on a fresh pad. That might help?