Power outage.

Archives1

Staff member
Had a lot tornado go through my area last night and knocked out the power. To make things worse I had diarrhea while I was asleep and when I woke up I still didn’t have power. That means no shower. Cleaning up is the absolute worst and now I’m afraid that I smell bad. Anyone else ever have to deal with this or similar?

We lost power for 15 days when Sandy hit. The high point of our day was our shower. Because we had a gas water heater we never lost hot water. I will never get an electric water heater because of that experience. I really feel for what you are going through.

@Spaz our weather is usually quite calm compared to yours, however I can relate to the other part of your post. I was away from home on business and staying in a hotel. I made a mess of myself and the sheets. I was able to clean myself up ok, but had to pluck up courage to tell the housekeeper about the sheets. She just said, don't worry, it won't be the first time. I have suffered from constipation my whole life, but sometimes liquid bypasses the blockage! Did you have a stomach bug or do you have to deal with this regularly? Phil

Very difficult Spaz, what liquids do you have at hand to wash yourself down
Bag up bedding and tightly close to dispose of

@physlink it doesn’t happen often (maybe 1 or 2 time a month). It’s from my anti depressants. I can’t get the timing down with them.

@Maymay941 I used some (very cold) bottled water. And almost a full pack of NorthShore wipes.

Good!!
I live in fear of power outages and or washing machine breaking down as bedwetting means i launder daily.
I hope you and yours are ok otherwise, im sure its a very traumatic time.
Be well! You can do this! You are not alone. I bet people who normally dont suffer these vonditions are having issues.
Possibly a hospital can provide a shower or clean up supplies?

O.. Do I have a story about Power outage. I we stayed in am amazing 1689 log cabin in Va. For my graduation from College. It was an AirBnB and was fantastic. But the day of graduation I woke up to no power in a very wet diaper with all three of my grandparents around. I was freaking out because it was pitch dark in the room and I had no way to see where my phone was to turn my light on and try to change. Worst part was that I had to do a lot of walking that day and it rained during the graduation and we were outside. Still the bet time of my life though.

Dang! Glad you (and your house) survived the tornado! Lived in rural midwest for about 10 years. One hit the farm-fields on other side of town. It was the lightning that took out the trees that took out the power, though.
Understand. Have spent the last 40 years living with electric outages, and, worse, low voltages, although it's gotten better. Live with a well, now, so the hot water tank (electric) is our emergency water supply. I keep trying to save up for an emergency generator big enough to run well pump and refrigerator, (Not too expensive, in-and-of itself) but that also requires an electrician to reroute power, isolate the generator from the grid, and then get inspected by the power company. A generator big enough to also run water heater adds to cost, as you can imagine. The stove is propane, so can heat a kettle of water. But can't bake pies or cookies. (Sob).
In our first town, the good old American Bald Eagle used to take the blame for most outages - that wide wingspan allegedly spanned the wires and shorted them out. We all thought they just stored one in a freezer and took it out to display it at each newspaper photo of the "culprit".
So that requires money, and life has a way of keeping the bank accounts at zero.
Now THERE is something we can all relate to!