Post void dribbling

Archives1

Staff member
Hey all,

I realize this would be considered a very trivial issue considering what others deal with, but I was just wondering if anyone else experiences post void dribbling?

I've had it for years, and with it becoming more frequent lately I decided to get it checked by the doctor to be on the safe side. I received a referral to a urologist, and thankfully after running tests there is no need for concern, he just said it's something men can experience as they get older (I'm just under 40).

However, it's still an annoyance to have wet boxers after urinating.

How do others generally deal with this? Are diapers inevitable? Or does it not usually progress beyond this?

Thanks!

I'm 72. I've had this problem for quite a few years and then two years ago had prostate removed and things were worse for awhile. I've recovered a great deal but still drip. So I use women's pads to absorb what leaks. Latest I got from Sam's Club. They are thin but absorb well and seem to work for me. I would try pads before diapers, unless your leakage is very heavy. You could also try kegel exercises to build the muscle(s) below.

I've had this problem too! I went to a urologist who diagnosed me with Urinary Incontinence and Neurogenic Bladder. Said that he exhausted all trsts he could so it may be a good idea to start wearing diapers full time. Was nervous about doing this at first, but now it's old hat and sometimes I don't even realize I'm wearing them until I wet. Went to a neurologist as well and he told me the same my urologist said. Being in wet diapers is better than wet undies and pants.

@Cheers I have experienced after-dribble for around three years and am in my twenties.

I started off using disposable products like shields and guards that stick to the front of regular briefs and trunks. This year I have also started experiencing light bladder leakage at other times and have gradually phased out my underwear drawer to washable absorbent briefs with light absorbency.

It can be hard to get used to, but
if you use the right product, nobody will be any the wiser that you’re wearing protection for after-dribble.

This is from another group

Basically you are pushing the urine from the urethra where the urethra meets the pelvic floor. Pushing the urine out.

Do you dribble after you've just zipped up from peeing?
Dayum! Don't you hate it when that happens?!?!
It's called Post Micturition Dribble. PMD happens because many men post-op still have a gentle dip in the urethra which doesn't empty when you tug or shake after peeing.
And here's one way to stop it.
It's called the Ball-Lift.
The knack is to use your free hand to lift up your balls a few times in quick succession to drain out those last few drops.
I've been doing it for so long now it's second nature.
Try it.

This has appeared in quite a few other threads, but I think usually as part of a larger issue. I'm older. I've said it before: men's pads are a failure of design. Women's work, you just have to experiment to figure out exactly where to place them. You can even cut one in half to add protection on other side. Either of the 2 major brands I know of - probably a matter of individual preference. If it works, don't fix it.
Certain specific movements do the same to me, so I know when to apply extra "Kegel" pressure, and even that isn't completely successful. It's gotten better, very slowly, seems to have stalled. Good luck

@thudson1965 good advice. That has helped me (I press on perineum rather than lift my balls) but there’s always some urine that stays in my urethra and dribbles out afterwards. Differences in anatomy, I suppose.

@Rowan123 I also press the perineum - typically one finger near my anus and rub along toward the scrotum. I also find that doing the process 3 or 4 times works best.

I recommend trying that new product MDP. You wear it directly on your anatomy like a sock with straps to secure it. I found it on Amazon. It takes a few times wearing it to learn how tight to stretch the straps, but once you master that, it’s so comfortable, you forget you are even wearing it. Best solution I’ve ever tried, and it actually works.

I have this problem as well due to BPH. At this point diapers are overkill. I use pads primarily but will occasionally use pull-ups when my OAB is really active. Most nights I wear a pull-up as well, more out of fear of wetting the bed. It’s happened only once in the last 12 months. Also as my incontinence has progressed I have accidents a few times per week getting to the bathroom. Good luck, my issues are slowly getting worse and I will have to eventually make decisions about surgery in the future