Post prostate surgery story

Archives1

Staff member
Jan 28 2022 prostate removed, 10 days later catheter removed. Started walking even with catheter about 1/2 mile dailey,after removed 1 to 2 miles just about every day. Did kegals 2 to 3 times a day. Started physical therapy mid April,8 weeks worth. Bought Nova shorts did there 12 week program, still doing it, on the maintenance program now. May started to see some results, sleeping through the night without leaking. Wearing depends with gaurds (5 to 6 gaurds a day) to regular underwear 1 to 2 gaurds a day on a not so active day. Some activity. On days of alot of activities (18 holes of golf,yard work playing games with grand kids) maybe 3 to 4 gaurds. I am still walking daily doing my kegals and missed this about a month ago started Yoga with abs,core and stretching. So here it is just about7 months and things are getting better for those that things seem to be taking what seems like forever it is and we'll get better. Be patient work the programs. Trust me I was and at time still think why me. LIVE YOUR LIFE ENJOY THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU.

Thanks for sharing. I’m 64 and 2 months post catheter following prostate removal. Progress is slow but somewhat steady, especially after cutting out alcohol. Doing kegels throughout day and some pelvic floor exercises shared in this group on another thread. Here’s the link:

Are the nova shorts you mentioned the INNOVO program?
How impressed were you with the program/ kit? Seems a bit pricey but if it works, maybe it’s worth a try.

No I do not think so, I honestly believe it is a pelvic and a core thing,plus time time time.☹️☹️☹️. I was like so many I just wanted it to stop but I have learned TIME hopefully heals all.

Time can heal, but beware of Omicron and get bivalent vaccine. 4 days before scheduled 2nd booster in Mid May, my wife and I got traumatic cases, denied Paxil by emergency department despite almost 104 fever, and spent 2 months healing, especially lungs. So we dropped from weights, desert walking 4-5 miles, and power yoga 3-4/wk to nothing. Additionally, my progress since RRP IN 1/2018, dropped precipitously. Now have climbed mountain back to previous great condition and sphincter is improving as well. Watch the doctors and do your research.