Post prospectomy erection Blues

Hbrownlow said:
By the way I have read that erections can take up to three years to return and a lot is dependent on nerve sparing. I was nerve sparing on one side. Obviously, nerve sparing on both sides would be better and with nerves removed on both sides I think it is unlikely that erections can be achieved without support in some manner

Thank you for the excellent information and I will do some research and talk with my urologist about some of these methods... what she has brought up most of these I was just in resistance mode. But I will be a little more Progressive now.

Hbrownlow is right in what he says.

I found this helpful.

You can sign up for free advice emails on rehab for the penis.

I was quite sceptical at first but the pump works beyond expectations. If you go that route, make sure you get constriction rings you feel at ease with as you dont want a ring you will struggle to remove.

I use SomaerectResponse 2 which is a manual pump.

Hbrownlow said:
Hi rd0077

I had radical prostatectomy one year 5 months ago. I use the pump for both purposes you mention, I use the Vacurect pump . It can be used just for exercise and preventing atrophy and with the use of a constriction ring for maintaining an erection if desired. You are not meant to keep the ring in position for more than 30 minutes. There are a number of YouTube videos illustrating the use of the pump. Vacurect also send a dvd with the pump to demonstrate usage and a variety of rings of different diameters

So the pump you can create an erection? And I will look into the site then another poster sent that obviously explains everything but I was just wanting a quick answer because I'm super busy this weekend and won't have time to look into that site until next week.. really appreciate your information

Yes the pump creates an erection. You need to help a good seal by using a water based lubricant and also put some on your penis to help prevent sticking to the side of the cylinder. Take it slowly at first pumping for a few seconds and then allowing time for the blood to get flowing. There is a release valve so you could release and then build up again or continue with a few more pumps. within a couple of minutes who should get a good erection. Of course if have have ED that will go down after a few seconds. To maintain the before starting you place a ring over the cylinder. The pump I mentioned is supplied with a loading cone to help get the ring stretched over the cylinder. The loading cone is removed and replaced by a rubber insert that helps maintain a good seal. You might find it helpful to shave off pubic hairs to get an even better seal. When you achieve the desired erection you slip the ring off the cylinder and on to the base of your penis. The rings come in different styles and diameters so its a question of trial and error as to which work best for you. Some people use two rings I believe. In any case a very useable erection can be achieved. A maximum time of 30 mins is recommended. You may find the penis feels slightly cool towards the end on the half hour period. To remove the constriction ring gently squeeze the penis to force blood out of the penis and that reduces the erection partly and makes removable of the ring more manageable. I hope that is helpful.

Hbrownlow said:
Yes the pump creates an erection. You need to help a good seal by using a water based lubricant and also put some on your penis to help prevent sticking to the side of the cylinder. Take it slowly at first pumping for a few seconds and then allowing time for the blood to get flowing. There is a release valve so you could release and then build up again or continue with a few more pumps. within a couple of minutes who should get a good erection. Of course if have have ED that will go down after a few seconds. To maintain the before starting you place a ring over the cylinder. The pump I mentioned is supplied with a loading cone to help get the ring stretched over the cylinder. The loading cone is removed and replaced by a rubber insert that helps maintain a good seal. You might find it helpful to shave off pubic hairs to get an even better seal. When you achieve the desired erection you slip the ring off the cylinder and on to the base of your penis. The rings come in different styles and diameters so its a question of trial and error as to which work best for you. Some people use two rings I believe. In any case a very useable erection can be achieved. A maximum time of 30 mins is recommended. You may find the penis feels slightly cool towards the end on the half hour period. To remove the constriction ring gently squeeze the penis to force blood out of the penis and that reduces the erection partly and makes removable of the ring more manageable. I hope that is helpful.