Poise Impressa and other “solutions”

Archives1

Staff member
I had my Urodynamics test today; it didn’t go well. Inserting the catheters caused so much anxiety and rectal pain that I briefly passed out and vomited. They wanted to stop the test, but I knew the worst was over, as the catheters were in place before all of this started. They let me get my color back and continued. Things were progressing, but I wasn’t leaking. I couldn’t even urinate despite being uncomfortably full (even after they took the catheters out). I didn’t know why at first, as I was even straining some, but eventually I figured out that I felt the urge to poop also and that was tightening everything up (I guess they can’t say I have weak muscles). It was terrible. I saw my urologist after and the testing ruled out overactive bladder. He had previously told me that I have a prolapse of 30 degrees (I think this is the right terminology) and the usual solution is the mesh sling (that was recommended a couple years ago, but I was opposed to it).

This urologist isn’t a fan of mesh, which is good. If it comes to surgery, which I’m still not sure about, he would use my own tissue or cadaver tissue to make the sling. And, my tissue could come from my stomach (I have an existing C-section scar) to make a stronger sling. He also recommended an injection of a bulking agent, which may or may not work. He likes macroplastique the best. He also suggested I try the Poise Impressa bladder supports.

Does anyone have any experience with any of this?