Plastic pants

Archives1

Staff member
I had turp and wear now diapers and always a plastic pants over the diapers. I use Suprima plastic pants. Is that the norm? Most of the times plastic pants help for leaks.

For years I have used Kins for cloth and plastic pants for night or days stuck in the house.The cloth cuts down costs quite a bit! They came out with an ultra-light breathable but waterproof “Taffetta” pant a couple of years ago that I use daily due to large unexpected voids, so far they have been bulletproof! Not to mention more comfortable especially in the hot and humid Carolina summers over disposables than anything I’ve tried in 25+ years of dealing with this everyday.
Best of luck!

Wearing plastic pants with the elastics not covered with plastic helps at all for leaks ? I would think the elastics get wet or?

I use the Kins brand plastic pants, over my cloth diapers at night, and over my disposable diapers in the daytime. The elastic at the legs and waist is different then most plastic pants, and it doesn't irritate my legs like other brands do.

Plastic pants are a must if you use cloth diapers. They will redirect pee back into the cloth diapers so your clothes won't get wet. They are optional with disposable diapers, as most have a plastic backing. Use of plastic pants while wearing any type of incontinence garment, helps keep everything in place to prevent movement while you do your every day activities.

I get my plastic pants from fetware.com. Good prices and great customer service and support. They sell the Gary brand of plastic pants, as well as many other suppliers do also.

FYI... Adult Cloth Diaper Co. also sells the Leakmaster brand of diaper covers which are the exact same construction and quality as Gary but they offer a fuller/higer cut version which works especially well for nighttime cloth diaper wearers. Same price as the Gary's and they even offer a side-snap version which is great for daytime wear.

I get mine from Drylife, they last a long long time. Fetware and Gary are also good brands and Haian are cheap and fit well too. For me, I prefer the side snap variety because you can open them out and dry quicker plus they allow air in so you don't get too hot wearing them.

Side snap plastic pants are good for quick changes. I don't recommend them for nighttime use because of the openings on the sides.