Pelvic Therapy

Archives1

Staff member
Wondering about others here that have or are using pelvic therapy for the pelvic pain. What is working, what is not.

My urology PA ordered pelvic therapy, and it did help some. But I couldn't keep up all the appointments.

As my urology PA says, this affliction is both Female and Male.

Hi Boomer 🙂, Merry Christmas and Happy Hoidays!
I haven’t tried that but am curious if the make a pain medicine that isn’t narcotic just for bladder and/ or lower back pain?
Thought you had posted they make a suppository to help. I’ve been having issues with the pain but really have just been taking allot of ibuprofen. Isn’t really helping me though.
Any advise would be great. I don’t like feeling loopy or drugged. Have to be sharp as a tack at work as we are always busy with something.
Thanks. Always enjoy hearing from you.
Happy Holidays,
Jim

What is pelvic pain and why do you have it. I have discomfort at times and am three months post op prostatectomy. I am avoiding Kegel exercises.

@jrpoorman sorry I wasn't back to this sooner. Right now, I have had or tried most meds. Ibuprofen, is about the only thing you can use that might help you. But they don't help me, and they are very hard on my stomach. So yes she wants to start me on the B&O suppositories but again, it is a narcotic, and very addicting. She has told me to use when needed, but try not to use them but every 2 days. So I have done anything there. They are also very eager to start me on Clonazepam. For my sleep issues, and other sleep related issues. But you can see here, it all leads to more medications.
Below is a link to what it is:

clickable text

After you get over the embarrassment of having a therapist stick a finger in your butt and telling you to squeeze, Pelvic Floor Therapy is good. Just make sure your therapist is trained to work with men. I have a hypertonic pelvic floor, so levels are a no go.

@NoCans I have gone way by embarrassment regarding my health issues. It is to bad pelvic floor didn't help you. Personally, the 5 appointments I went too and drove a total of 800 miles they did not do anything for me.