Passing undigested food??

Archives1

Staff member
Not the first time that vegetable skins have been passed but tonight I have passed actual food.. like chuncks of tomato and bit of what I ate. I have told GI doctor this before and it landed on deaf ears.. I literally pass bit of the steak I ate on Wednesday or Thursday.. like that is not okay..

Sounds to me like it’s the food you are eating. Steak isn’t very digestible. Are you supposed to be on a certain diet?

I have to agree, FLGuy, Maybe you should have it checked out by that new PCP. I know that sometimes corn passes through since it has cellulose which is not digestible but as for the other stuff, I would check it out and then ask if there's a certain diet you need to follow.

Look up dumping syndrome and fast gut. When your stomach empties prematurely and your guts dump their contents at the same time you can pass undigested food. I've had this happen many times. The worst was a hamburger. It can be very painful too. There are meds for it. Loperamide works great. It is an anti diarrhea med but works by slowing down your guts. Its an opiate that doesn't act on your brain like opiate pain meds but works on your guts.

I didn't know that, @Steven1980 about the dumping syndrome, that is. And it's great there is an effective medicine for it.