Oxybutynin and fast heart rate

Archives1

Staff member
Anyone have issues with fast heart rate while on oxybutynin? I'm suppose to take 30mg daily but I notice my heart rate is high even resting.

Chuck11 said:
I haven’t noticed that issue. I think I've taken it for 6 months or so. Is this a new med for you?

No, I've been on/off it since 1997. I know my daily dose is high and wondering if that might have something to do with it.

Most, if not all OAB medicines have some serious side effects, like dry mouth, raises blood pressure,kidney issues, etc. This is why I don't take any of them. I stick with diapers and plastic pants. Little or no health issues.

artiejr said:
Most, if not all OAB medicines have some serious side effects, like dry mouth, raises blood pressure,kidney issues, etc. This is why I don't take any of them. I stick with diapers and plastic pants. Little or no health issues.

Thanks for your input but I only take it to minimize the painful bladder spasms, if you've ever had a bad one you know it'll literally bring you to your knees. I agree the side effects are bad but when the benefits outweigh the side effects I take it.I still manage my incontinence with disposable briefs but they do nothing for bladder spasms.

Hi@CES97, I don't take meds myself, but since you notice a fast heart rate even while you're resting, please check with your doctor as soon as you can. Or at least call the office and tell them what you are experiencing and they will be able to guide you from there. They may need to adjust your dosage so it's important you tell the doctor what's going on!