Ouch

Archives1

Staff member
So every time I urinate I have a bowl incident. This has caused my bum to be quite sore. Mostly the upper crack part. Anyone have any tips to relieve the pain? It’s quite painful.

Wash and pat dry. Apply neosporin or even diaper rash cream the kind sold for babies is as good as any to protect skin
I did home health and saw this often enough

I get it often in that spot due to how tight the skin is there..

This is what I use. Walmart sells it.

bca3bc86b86b2811fb41dae90833f398.jpg

Years ago, I used A&D ointment.Worked for me. ( old joke:A&D ointment means Ass and dick ointment) LMAO.

Calmoseptine Ointment...works like magic! Whenever I have a diaper rash this makes it stop hurting almost instantly and heals it within a day or so. Amazing stuff!!

I use Diclofenac gel, otherwise know as Voltaren, for nerve pain due to Peripheral Neuropathy in legs & feet, now spreading to hands. It comes as a pill, too, but the cream works locally, and doesn't put hardly any in your blood.
I call it a miracle drug, and thus I don't have to use an opiate. The strength I use is prescription, and it used to be prescription only, but I now see it on the OTC shelves at lower percentage. It deals with pain, not sure what effect it might have on "tender" areas or open wounds. It doesn't burn on regular skin. Diclofenac is a NSAID, like Ibuprofen/Asprin. It isn't a barrier cream. ASK the Doctor, FIRST!
Anyone, what about a water-soluable gel for slickness, instead of vasolene? You know, the kind used on a condom or to take a baby's temperature anally. Those also aren't barrier creams. Vasoline is probably a barrier, but is petroleum based, I think.
By the way, Tylenol does absolute nothing for me, but Ibuprophen does. Wouldn't you know it? My cardiologist forbids it 'cause it is a blood thinner and I'm taking a strong prescription one of those, daily, for a different condition
Good luck.

Hi @AlasSouth, Vaseline is petroleum-based. I don't use it myself any more but the times I did use it, I detected a faint scent of oil, as in petroleum type of oil. Unless a doctor or nurse tells me to use it, I would prefer not to as I don't want to smell like an oil well!!!
I did use a white cream that I got at Wal-Mart and wouldn't you know I don't have any of it floating around and I don't remember the name of it. But it had 40% as part of the name. It is water-soluble and doesn't feel greasy. Well maybe I'll think of its name at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning or I can just sneak a look at it next time I'm at Wal-Mart.

billliveshere: You know those bumps on your tongue? They aren't taste buds,they are all those words on the tip of your tongue.

Yep! That's where they are, right on the tip of my tongue!!! And I still can't think of the name of that white cream!

Vaseline is like Snake Oil. It seems to be good for a lot of things, like vinegar and baking soda. The simpler the better. My (young) gynecologist recommended vaseline to me. Speaking of natural -- air is also good!