Other Types of Protection

Archives1

Staff member
Hey guys and gals,

Today I wanted to talk about other Types of Protection we might use to help us live a better life so that the bladder protection doesn't seem so bad.

I'm not going to sugar coat it - bladder problems suck. And living with a painful bladder condition - diapers are a resource/tool I've learned to not have to be in pain. Same with on bad spasm days and wearing protection during the day. I'm still not at that point mentally but maybe some day.

Anyway, sometimes I get in my head maybe due to my ASD - I've also always struggled with random very loud noises - and if I listen in on conversations it can send me down the rabbit hole of sorts. Reading seems to be okay - I've been taking my medicine; and I use logic the best I can to help me.

But my case manager is getting me a set of noise cancelling headphones so I can listen to music and adjust so I'm not triggered. Right now, due to my life and disorders - I have a hard time trusting others; so I think it will help protect me in a way like bladder protection does.

Does anybody else use tools and other things that are not a source of shame that can be shared - that overall will help you cope/understand that continence products are the same tool and should not be a source of shame?

Just a thought -

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Although you frequently post on mental health struggles and how to navigate the world it is very encouraging to know you are in a safe place where trained people are listening and helping you forward to a good life which is all anyone can hope for.
Essentially you are a kind intelligent thoughtful man and that is a very real core of your being.
Incontinence is just a blip in the life of.

Music helps me.

Also, stating involved with hobbies and spectator sports (live or on TV)...

Thanks & +God+bless+!!!

Maymay941 said:
Although you frequently post on mental health struggles and how to navigate the world it is very encouraging to know you are in a safe place where trained people are listening and helping you forward to a good life which is all anyone can hope for.
Essentially you are a kind intelligent thoughtful man and that is a very real core of your being.
Incontinence is just a blip in the life of.

It's so nice to hear from you @MayMay941; feels right to see your kind words lighten up my day.

It's bittersweet to see people come and go on these boards. Some onto continence control, others onto hobbies or jobs, and others may they be blessing us from above.

@iuwogeo: Music does indeed help. Sports I do appreciate; thank you for the blessings. It is so nice to see another being ending with a blessing from the Lord.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I have implanted artificial contact lenses to replace my cataract-damaged natural ones, but I still have to wear glasses to compensate for other optical defects. (More guys make passes at gals with no glasses, but I like to see who's making passes at me...)

I wear a hearing aid to compensate for my inability to hear some pitches. (Wassa matta, you deaf or somethin? Well, now that you mention it, yes, partially...)

I use pads and protective underwear to absorb the urine that escapes from my overactive bladder. I also use a protective pad on top of my bedsheet as backup for the underwear. (Lots of education happens at the laundromat when people ask what "those" are...)

I have depressive episodes for which I have to take medication. (Pharmacists don't care, they've seen it all.)

Do you see a pattern here?

I also say "ditto" to MayMay's posting.

A quotation from the old (1928?) Book of Common Prayer: May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make his countenance shine upon you. May He give you peace, both now and forever more.

Anything that distracts from OAB/FI! Listening to music, and my calling -- mailing out spiritual & secular greeting cards & postcards. This helps me to get my mind off of my Overactive Bladder & Fecal Incontinence. Otherwise, I would obsess about those two conditions day & night!

pegasi99 said:
Anything that distracts from OAB/FI! Listening to music, and my calling -- mailing out spiritual & secular greeting cards & postcards. This helps me to get my mind off of my Overactive Bladder & Fecal Incontinence. Otherwise, I would obsess about those two conditions day & night!

That is beautiful that you do that @Pegasi99. I need some more things to do - and making spiritual and secular cards and post cards is probably something I could do to keep my mental health clear from personal issues involving negligence, political bias, and overall abuse.

If you would like; once I get on my feet. I could definitely try to make some and send them to you if you would like so that you would have some. I'm guessing you buy a prepacked amount. Even though I am a member of a perticular faith (The Restored Church) - I would be more than willing to accommodate and send you things so that they are more personable.

God loves all people in all faiths. Why? Because God is Love and all is well 😊.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs