Opps, again

Archives1

Staff member
I do not leak. I gush, like a racehorse. I have to change my diaper many times a day, due to not making it to the bath room in time. I wear shorts around the house. Not sleeping much, due to having to go every two hours. You could say I sleep like a baby. I'm venting, but any words of wisdom would be welcomed.
Thanx.

You might consider trying heavy washable diapers plus waterproof pants. The upfront costs are steep, so, if you explore that route, begin with a minimal purchase. However, over time, they can be much cheaper than disposables, and they offer significantly better protection. Good luck and report back.

A long, long time ago, I had a catheter in, but I don't remember it due to the coma. Plus them sizures(sic) kept pulling them out.

Embarrassment aside, it is worth wearing a diaper and plastic pants to get a good nights sleep. Without these my subconscious seems to keep me half awake and getting up to go a few times a night. With protection I sleep soundly and awake refreshed.

Thanx, Bobby 103. Sounds good. Right now, I'm dealing with Shingles.
Shingles should only be on roofs.

Shingles can be excruciatingly painful, but there is a vaccine for them. Contact your family physician to arrange for a shot at an appropriate time.

Best of luck. Are you using intermittent or "straight caths" or indwelling "foley caths" I have no experience with staight cathing. I'm a foley user, my wife does it for me as she is a nurse and is quo and efficient with it. I have had 2 UTI's in 2 years.

Sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

18 months ago my fiancé and I developed a product for a neighbor who was dealing with frequent night time bedwetting. He loved it so much we decided to bring it to market. We called it the 'Just-In-Case'.

Fast forward to now and we just launched our website and would love to get the word out to help others as we have helped him.

I hope it may assist you with getting a good nights sleep without waking up to a surprise. (its marketed primarily to children but I slept in it for months during the R&D stages and was completely comfortable).

Good luck and best regards,
David
www.justincasebedding.com

@Debbie

Hope your solution with a cath is working out now.

I understand the 'gush like a racehorse' issue. I called
it my 'Niagara Falls Syndrome'.

Well, I think I'm a bit late in telling the news, but I don't need a cath.
Been to therapy, learning about exercises, which work.
Also, getting a shingles shot up here is like finding hens' teeth--ain't gonna happen.
Except at the drug store.