Okay, not being okay.

Archives1

Staff member
Mental health is a big issue that affects those of us that deal with these issues. I myself find times were I do not care enough to deal with things that need to be taken care of. More often than not, I get behind with my household stuff due to being tired, fatigued as well as depressed. This month I am back to see my surgeon and I have anxiety already due to the fact that things were put off the last visit. Now, I have to get answers this time or I will be more depressed and feel like the appointment was a waste of time.

I do not want another surgery but will do anything to better the quality of my life.

It just sucks so much right now because everything is bothering me and nothing is getting better.

On top of all the medical stuff, I have other things going on that have to get done so. Yea, one day at a time.

I remind myself often that no matter what is going on with me I am far better off than so many others. Thankful for that.

I have been doing Kegel exercises for a couple of years, but not enough to help. Recently I try to do them while sitting, walking, in the gym, etc, (just constantly holding my urine back) and it is helping my incontinence.

I wonder if any of you men have tried the paper towels/small plastic bag, and rubber bands?
For me, it is far better than diapers.
486a108505b44cb416204cc03c47757d.png

I know it’s hard, but you have to give yourself a TON of credit for how far you’ve come, and how much you’ve grown since you first posted here…. If you don’t believe me, go back and look at your earliest posts!
Chronic illness coupled with chronic pain is a really lousy hand for anyone to deal with. It’s almost like depression is built into this combo, it seems the “Darkness” is never far away. I know this, as I live it every day. Patience is a pretty hard commodity to find under normal circumstances, not to mention you’ve been fighting through all of this in the midst of Covid.
I give you a lot of credit and respect just for continuing to fight, many don’t…
We each have our own way of dealing with the stress and anxiety, I tend to just stay as busy as my body allows me, so I don’t have time to think about all of my health issues at once. I’ve learned if I get too deep in my head, it will stop all other positive/ forward momentum I’ve gained. I just try to deal with one body part or system at a time so I don’t go nuts! This might sound a lot like denial, but for me it’s survival!
Do everything necessary to be prepared and knowledgeable about what your facing “NOW”, then set it aside so you don’t drive yourself crazy.
I hope the Holiday Season brings back some happiness & enjoyment for everyone, especially you FLGuy!