Oab possibly do to prostate.

Archives1

Staff member
Hello
Just asking if anyone here has
Used flomax for urination issues do to prostate enlargement?
My urologyst thinks it would be good to try for my oab issue.
No closer to really finding a answer to why i have this issue.
But I'm still grateful I'm alive.

The flomax is being used for possible enlarged prostate.
My urologist thinks my prostate maybe causing urination issues.

Generic is called "tamsulosin".

I have been using it for years to ease the pain of urination. It actually works for me, BUT I would NOT recommend starting this if you don't absolutely need to.

Beware that it will complicate any future eye cataract surgery you might have. It causes a condition called "floppy iris". If your surgeon is not aware of how to deal with it you could lose vision in that eye. It takes a very special skill to do the surgery if you have taken this medicine anytime in your life.

There are other side effects too. So be sure you want to take that risk before starting it. Once you start taking this med the side effect is forever, even if you stop.

I wish my urologist had warned me about this before I started it. From what I have read, most of them don't even know about the risks.

I have taken Tamsulosin since 2009 and it has helped me. There are side effects to be aware of such as dry eyes, dry mouth, retrograde ejaculation but it has helped my flow. Give it a try for a few months and see if you get any benefit from it. Weigh up the pro's and cons after a few months to see whether to continue or not.