OAB and Botox

Archives1

Staff member
Interested to hear opinions of success or failure having had Botox to treat OAB?

I have just had 100 units injected and only feel it has gained me 30 minutes before my ache comes back. I have been advised I can have more and will ask for this at my follow up appointment.

I have heard of people having great success. Also read it may take 4 wks or so to work depending. I have not had it but it is something I may need in the future. (At present medication is helping a lot)

There are posts on botox if you look through the older forum threads with the word Botox in the title.
My overview from reading them is that the effect lasts 6 to 8 months and then needs another injection but there is a chance of some folks having a bladder that retains urine after a period of success which they have catheterised for.
This is my take from the forum not a medical study however.

Maymay941 said:
There are posts on botox if you look through the older forum threads with the word Botox in the title.
My overview from reading them is that the effect lasts 6 to 8 months and then needs another injection but there is a chance of some folks having a bladder that retains urine after a period of success which they have catheterised for.
This is my take from the forum not a medical study however.

Hey, sorry, I am new on here and didn't see there is an advanced search button.

Be careful I went from constant leaking to full retention and having to use catheters and that was no fun!!

The first time I had Botox, the results weren’t as good as they were the second time I had it. This is common, or so I’ve been told. This second time freed me completely from my pain. Unfortunately, it’s now been six months and my pain is coming back. I will do Botox again as I know it alleviates my pain and I do not want to have to take opioids ever again. Good luck.