Northshore supremes and decisions

Archives1

Staff member
So as I’ve said before I’m going through my backstock of diapers. Awhile back I bought some Northshore supremes and lites. I forgot about them. 🤭 so I threw some on. The supreme lites are too lite and won’t work. Ok they will be for super at home emergencies. BUT the supremes worked surprisingly well. They will only work for one wetting but for at home they will be perfect. So in October I’ll be getting 1 case of MegaMax. 1 case of supremes. I’ll replace my pull ups with supremes so I won’t have to sit on a chux pad. I don’t know what I’ll do about bowel movements yet but I’m having less accidents because I’m on a 3 month course of antibiotics and they have me somewhat constipated but I’m still having bowel movements I can control. So there’s that.

I haven't ordered the Northshore supreme diapers in a long while. I use the Megamax to get through my work day and then for my home time I'm using cloth(washable) diapers. I have two bags of tranquility ATN's to get me through any errands I might have to run. In a word way, I can't wait to see what the future of diaper technology develops in the future.

Hey EJ, I don’t get here as often as I would like so before I start rambling again, I just want to first ask how you are feeling? Last I checked in you weren’t feeling so well, hope your feeling better!
As to your point of going through back stock, I have a few tubs in the attic that I’ve thrown supplies that no longer worked, or I bought and didn’t like etc. that I always plan to donate, but never seem to get to. My wife and I go through the “Hurricane prep weekend” every fall which we did last weekend. For me this usually consists of a couple of duffle bags with a weeks worth of incontinence supplies, cash, spare ammo, a burner phone etc. What amazes me is the quantity of stuff that accumulates! Of course being as anal as I am I always bring something down that I don’t remember why I put it up there in the first place. Courtney, my wife; the only one in our house that actually has a memory and a big huge brain to match which she often reminds me makes up for her diminutive size of 96lbs soaking wet at a towering 5 foot and THREE / QUARTERS inches!
Most times she can immediately tell me (after the “I thought you said you got rid of those!”) why I put them up in the donate section to start with.
I might take a moment to “Man-Splain”!😄 to the single ladies here as for the married women here I’m sure you have already dealt with this “Miscommunication” in one way or another! To Courtney it means she donated it, recycled it or threw it out. It’s out of our lives, say Bye-Bye. The “Got rid of” in Guy-Speak often means it’s simply no longer in the same place it was last time we had this exact same conversation! Probably also explains why 99% of the junk in our house is mine, but I digress….
EJ, I ended up finding some great stuff: Purple Molicares (How old are these???) ID Slips both cloth & plastic backed, Confidry 24/7’s and a case of those Astronaut diapers! I look at this as a win in a few ways. I’m not spending money on things I don’t need right now, especially at potentially increased prices, and I’m not taking away something that somebody else needs right now. I did however order a couple of cases of doublers from Northshore yesterday and the overnight shipping was $328.00!!! Northshore makes ZERO on this, and although we’ve discussed the sky-rocketing increases in pricing in off shore shipping, when combined with our domestic shipping cost increases it can be quite alarming. Of course I chose the Mule Team delivery, but it may be delayed as I believe Donner Pass is closed because it’s on fire….
Again with all of the uncertainty out there, I’ve got plenty of cloth diapers and plastic pants. I’m not trying to sell anybody on anything its just a great affordable backup if needed. Not to mention peace of mind knowing you at least have something. I’ve said before back in the 80’s after my accident these were the only thing available that could withstand full bowel and bladder incontinence.
Courtney and I actually discussed this while making dinner together tonight as a matter of fact, I wouldn’t wish that experience on anybody. We, myself included are so spoiled these days with all of the great disposable products available, from a teaspoon to a quart we can find coverage. Back then it was how long are we going to be gone, how many diapers do you need and what size pants are going to fit over them…..
I still use cloth around the house at times and every night simply because I haven’t leaked on my wife in 20+ years!
Thanks again EJ!

I can’t use cloth. I have an all in one in my closet (it’s got penguins 🐧 on it!) but I pay for laundry and it would be too expensive. So I stick with disposables. MegaMax at night and when out of the house and now will be doing supremes at home. I just placed my order for my vacation a bit ago. Hopefully FedEx won’t take too long to get to the island and they will be there when I arrive. I plan to take all of my pul pants and a couple of tranquily swim diapers even though I doubt I’ll swim seeing as getting in the water with one leg will be near impossible. Plus there are a lot of sharks there. 🦈 one thing I have to not forget is my handicap parking pass. I always forget it!

I got a big sample pack from Northshore care. While the MegaMax is great, I did not like the landing strip or tabs. Also, the price is a bit much for me. I did like the Northshore supremes but after I saw that Betterdry is making a more daytime brief I decided to try them. (Still don't have them yet)

My hope is that I can switch to the Betterdry Day's and cut out the pull-ups because I have had too many leaks with the Abeana pull-ups. I All but stopped going out of the house without a Betterdry or Dry24/7 on.

I am going to try the Betterdry pull-up but don't have high hopes that they will work for anything except around the house.

@justej

As for doing laundry. When I was in college as a residential student we came up with all kinds of ways to wash clothing in our dorms. (Our laundry was in a different building and shared with other dorms plus we had to pay for it too)

We washed a lot of our stuff in the shower. Made spray bottles of laundry soap and would just spray them down and then wash them in the shower. Air drying sucks but it does work.

@ThatFLGuy yea we are all different. I like those things about the MegaMax. I get a better fit and it feels more secure. It also doesn’t slide down my belly. Re betterdry: I need an xl and they don’t come in my size. I used to be able to squeeze into a large but apparently I’ve been eating too many carbs and can’t. 🤪🤷‍♂️

Even though in the long run cloth diapers would save me money I just cannot afford the initial cost. And if I had a bowel movement that would be hell to clean up and wash. Then the added expenses of plastic pants it’s just not fees able. At least on my budget. I can’t even afford disposables this month. My folks paid for a week of diapers for vacation (it would have also been to hard for me to carry that much) and I’m relying on my back stock to get me to October.

Yes the initial cost is higher but in the long term it pays for itself because they only get better the more they are washed. It's still an experiment for me but given my particular situation, it works. We're all different and have different living conditions and daily expenditures. I too suffer from the occasional bowel leakage, though I have been a bit more careful about my food intake. If I eat something spicy or oily then it's almost guaranteed that I'm going to have a bowel accident sometimes as soon as a couple of hours have past. This is residual true if I have something from panda express. My nocturnal accidents usually stem from eating something particularly spicy and I love spicy food. I cut these two food items and I've found that I'm mostly able to make it to the toilet for that messier biological function.

@Sprung87 Yes, you are right about female vs. male “got rid of,” lol! My parents have been downsizing (or attempting to) and they’re totally like that.

@justej I hope you have a fun, relaxing, and joyous vacay! And also, thanks for the idea of sending supplies to a destination in advance; I hadn’t thought of that before!

@justej

One other thing that I found with the Megamax was that I cannot slide them down if I need to in a hurry.

As for cloth stuff. I have tried some of if but even with having laundry in my apartment is it just to much.

We all find things we like or don't like. I hate black coffee, un-sweet tea is of the devil and don't get me started on grits.

I find that better dries work well for me because the don't suck to sit in all day like other products I have tried.

One thing about cloth that may have me looking into it in a while is that my mom is a very good seamstress and has a lot of commercial equipment so she can sew anything. For around the house or at night it makes since but not during the day when I have to get out.

Time will tell how things go. Right now I am okay with what I get so.

HI EJ, that was really nice of your folks to pay for a week's worth of diapers for your vacation. Now that's one less thing to worry about and you can concentrate on having a great time on your vacation and enjoying all that Martha's Vineyard has to offer. Have a great time and just get out there and enjoy it to the hilt!!!