Noctiva

Archives1

Staff member
Hi, I joined this forum a while back in order to gain information to help my mom. She is 76 and began experiencing incontinence about 2 years ago following some surgical complications. She also still works full time as a nurse practitioner and as such, has a great deal of knowledge of the medical field...however neither she nor I had near enough knowledge in this sadly neglected area. Anyway, she has nighttime incontinence (what we call “the flood”) and some daytime as well. She has tried every med (had some sucess, but they wore off) tried some kind of electro-stimulation (didn’t work), davinci vaginal tightening thing (didn’t work) and other stuff most of you have probably tried.
I am posting today about Noctiva, the new nighttime nasal spray. She started this 2 weeks ago, and (fingers crossed) it seems to be working. From the first night until now, she has had zero nighttime incontinence and daytime has dropped dramatically. So far, the only downside is she has to have her blood drawn once a week because the med can cause serious problems with sodium levels.
I wanted to throw this out there in case it’s helpful and also see if anyone is also trying it.
I have gained so much knowledge from this forum for both my Mom, and also for my job as a senior advocate. Thank you!

That is great to hear kitty!!!!!! The medical field is advancing every day and it seems there are new meds and ways to help treat this and other issues that come up almost every month!! I truly hope this solves her UI!!

Yes, so glad to hear that your Mother found relief. I sure hope I can soon. I have tried a lot of techniques, but they don't work. Yes we need more people researching this problem. Thank you

Happy for you both. I am sure most on here, like myself, have never heard of it, thanks for the success (so far) story, hope it continues! :)