No energy today.

Archives1

Staff member
So I got up at about 11 am and took my pills. By 12pm I was falling asleep on the couch and changed and went back to bed. Up got done eating and still feel very tired. Cannot wait tell the 17th to get this test done and get some answers.

I don't know if this is just one day when you're unusually tired or if this is a side effect of the new medicine. If it's the same thing tomorrow with no improvement as far as feeling sleepy is concerned call the doctor and ask if side effects to your new meds sometimes acts like this. In the meantime please take care!

billliveshere said:
I don't know if this is just one day when you're unusually tired or if this is a side effect of the new medicine. If it's the same thing tomorrow with no improvement as far as feeling sleepy is concerned call the doctor and ask if side effects to your new meds sometimes acts like this. In the meantime please take care!

So, I actually got denied the new medication and I am going to post about that in a bit.

How's your energy level been the past couple of days?

Fatigue is ovne of the main symptoms I have with my liver disease. Some days it's so bad that I can hardly get myself up or of a chair to do anything. It just feels like moving takes too much work. If I could get rid of one symptom, that would be it!

ltapilot said:
How's your energy level been the past couple of days?

Fatigue is ovne of the main symptoms I have with my liver disease. Some days it's so bad that I can hardly get myself up or of a chair to do anything. It just feels like moving takes too much work. If I could get rid of one symptom, that would be it!

Not good. Sleeping a lot (12-15 hours) still have a lot of pain and nothing is helping it.

Hey! Saw this and I've been meaning to getting around to posting because I've been living with constant fatigue since Long Covid.

I've found that if I'm able to do some exercise I paradoxically feel less fatigued and feel more energised. That being said, it's taken me a long time to find a happy medium between doing too much and not doing enough. That's been the key thing for me really. Plus, I've found getting up earlier but then napping in the day also lessens my fatigue level - sleeping straight through for hours makes me feel worse weirdly.

Vitamin D and/or B12 supplements can also help. Personally, I haven't found that the Vitamin D has helped at all but I have been recommended B12. Everyone's different though.

Hope you've been feeling some improvement.

Sci-Fi-Fan

Explain this Long Covid thing to me?

I had covid back in January and some of the things that bothered me then are still bothering me.

I was never retested to see If I was clear because I had no symptoms for a few weeks after getting it but reading some about covid had me and my mom wondering if covid could have made things worse for me.

Right now my energy level sucks but I think that was from the test yesterday. All around since my liver started acting stupid I have just wanted to sleep all the time. I don't want to eat because then my guts hurt so. Yea stuff sucks.

I know you spend a lot of time at the doctor's, but he/she will still be the best place to get the answer about the loss of energy. Wishing you the best.

Please do check it out at the doctor first chance you get! It's best to just make sure and find out what's going on. All the best to you!

@ThatFLGuy Long Covid is when you haven't fully recovered and continue to have after effects which sounds like what you're experiencing. It seems there are two main types really - those who have never really recovered from it and those like me who recovered and then had a whole host of issues come a few months later. Fatigue's a big one. Sounds like it's from your liver issues but could be Long Covid related.

It also seems everyone's different but for me I fell over when running and noticed I wasn't playing guitar right but other than that felt fine but then I woke up one morning, wet myself instantly and felt dazed and my whole right side felt weak. Was pretty terrifying and thought I'd had a stroke or something. Was admitted to hospital and everything was ruled out so they put it down to Covid. There was a radio documentary on BBC Radio 4 about it and a doctor they interviewed had the same experience as me.

I can't say that it's caused all my issues - had bladder weakness my whole life and worsening IBS since my late teens but it's definitely worsened my incontinence issues (went from after dribble and the odd urge and IBS accident to regular full voids) and also my eczema's gotten a lot worse. The brain fog and muscle weakness are new though and after a suspected second bout I've been short of breath as well.

Hang in there and I hope you improve. Sounds like you've really been put the wringer at the moment.