New

Welcome, I was not much older when it started for me. Please give us a bit more to work with. There are good and understanding people with great ideas and options here.

Welcome aboard, @jl888 ! :D

Simply curious: How did you find us?

In my case, my urologist gave me a pamphlet that pointed me here.

Well that is kind of cool, my uro did not give me crap besides a script and a very awkward afternoon putting things where god really did not intend. Glad to see some uro out there is doing good things.

wetdad said:
Welcome, I was not much older when it started for me. Please give us a bit more to work with. There are good and understanding people with great ideas and options here.

How young were you when you started? What type did you have? I mean the doctor has done everything from cystoscopy, urodynamic study to pelvic floor exercises.My problem is I cant empty fully and then when I think I am done I leak and thens sometimes I have this massive urge then it passes.

Hi, I'm in my 20s too (26). G@jl888 I've only been on here since the 1st of August but it's been really nice to vent, get support, and hear other stories. You're safe here.

@jl888 for me I was in my late twenties when it started. It started with finding wet spots in my underwear after using the bathroom. By the time I was in my thirties I was figuring out pull ups. That led to now where I get spasms that are followed by an inability to hold things back.

I could not imagine what it would be like in my 20’s, although I think it started much sooner than I wanted to admit. I noticed things very obvious within the past month, but as I got to thinking about it, I recall thinking that it was odd that I was not fully emptying/dribbling after being cathed while going through a surgery several years ago. But within the past few weeks is when I ended up wearing pull-ups around the clock. You will have the support you need by being part of this group.

ayam said:
Hi, I'm in my 20s too (26). G@jl888 I've only been on here since the 1st of August but it's been really nice to vent, get support, and hear other stories. You're safe here.

How did it start for you? How did you cope with wearing protection?

wetdad said:
@jl888 for me I was in my late twenties when it started. It started with finding wet spots in my underwear after using the bathroom. By the time I was in my thirties I was figuring out pull ups. That led to now where I get spasms that are followed by an inability to hold things back.

What protection did you start wearing? That’s been the hardest thing to cope with.

@jl888

I know you directed the question to wetdad, but if you don’t mind me giving my 2 cents, I will tell you that embracing protection is something that comes with acceptance that you need to wear a form of it. I struggled for about a week, then realized that wearing a pull-up rather than showing wet spots or leakage is better.

It’s just been hard from wearing diapers at night and pull up during the day. Any suggestions on brands?

I prefer Tranquility nighttime pull-up style diapers, and Depend day pull-ups. Don’t be ashamed or struggle. Think about the fact that nobody knows because they can’t see them, and if you have a release from your spasms, you are going to not have wet spots.